Junk Purolator Pure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started my truck up Saturday morning there was a ticking sound coming from the engine for about 3 seconds. It's a darn good thing I was going to WM because I bought a MC FL-400S oil filter to replace the POS that was currently on my engine. Yes, it's true, that I have 2 other versions of the FL-400S filter on the shelf in my shed, but I WANTED an oil filter that was made for my engine and would not cause the engine to tick upon startup!
Sometime next week I am going to cut the Pure 1 open and reveal the mysterious contents of the filter.

2nspd1t.jpg

Yeah, cut it open and report what ya find. Sounds like the ADBV is leaking.

It's true that the Motorcraft filters are often better at anti drainback. However, none of the filters are high enough quality to completely prevent drainback each and every time. I've had my share of Motorcraft filters cause plenty of ticking upon startup. And I've had good luck with Pure One filters.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
It's true that the Motorcraft filters are often better at anti drainback. However, none of the filters are high enough quality to completely prevent drainback each and every time. I've had my share of Motorcraft filters cause plenty of ticking upon startup. And I've had good luck with Pure One filters.

I have owned quite a few Ford trucks, and a few Lincoln/Mercury/Ford cars. I would use ONLY MC oil filters on the engines and NEVER had 1 of those engines make any oil filter related noises upon startup!
cool.gif

Unfortunately your Bosch & QS filters are likely to suffer from the same ADBV problem, due to their "quality" Puro construction. Seems that only the Wix & Fram Ultra (for me) do a consistently good job in that area, and I can score the XG2s cheaply enough on eBay that I can change them every OC if I wanted to...
28.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Unfortunately your Bosch & QS filters are likely to suffer from the same ADBV problem, due to their "quality" Puro construction. Seems that only the Wix & Fram Ultra (for me) do a consistently good job in that area, and I can score the XG2s cheaply enough on eBay that I can change them every OC if I wanted to...
28.gif
grin.gif

FRAM ULTRA doesn't cause my engine to make noise.
So, do I get a hint that I should C&P the QS and BOSCH?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Seems that only the Wix & Fram Ultra (for me) do a consistently good job in that area,

Just give the filters to someone who needs them.
If you can't find a broke single mom or low income family that could use a free oil change, you aren't trying.

The Fram Tough Guard has the same silicone valve as the ultra.
I do have to admit, the TG10575 I had on my truck was the only one that stopped 100% any startup noise.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Seems that only the Wix & Fram Ultra (for me) do a consistently good job in that area,

If you can't find a broke single mom or low income family that could use a free oil change, you aren't trying.

I do have to admit, the TG10575 I had on my truck was the only one that stopped 100% any startup noise.

You must not know about my past as a good samaritan to the less fortunate. But, I couldn't have done it without the help and donations from the members here at BITOG.
Yes, I can ask people at my church if anyone needs them. But, you have to understand something, this is a very small town I live in (about 300 people). I basically know everyone here. The only people that I think can use these filters are right here in my complex. But, they need oil and someone to do the OCI. That's where I ran into trouble the last time. If I were to explain to you the whole story I would be typing for well over an hour. So, that is why I stated that maybe I should C&P them.

I have used the pure 1 and the Bosch without problem, but I dont think my wifes car is picky (Hyundai.) 5K OCI and cut opened with no tears. Lucky I guess.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

You must not know about my past as a good samaritan to the less fortunate. But, I couldn't have done it without the help and donations from the members here at BITOG.
Yes, I can ask people at my church if anyone needs them. But, you have to understand something, this is a very small town I live in (about 300 people). I basically know everyone here. The only people that I think can use these filters are right here in my complex. But, they need oil and someone to do the OCI. That's where I ran into trouble the last time. If I were to explain to you the whole story I would be typing for well over an hour. So, that is why I stated that maybe I should C&P them.

BlueOvalFilter: Puro quality still sucks as evidenced by one that member sent me that was brand new. It had slices in ADBV.

BlueOvalFilter is a stand up man, and military veteran like myself; I wish I lived close to you as I'd gladly help you with the oil changes. God bless you Blue
smile.gif
34.gif
08.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
BlueOvalFilter is a stand up man, and military veteran like myself; I wish I lived close to you as I'd gladly help you with the oil changes. God bless you Blue
smile.gif
34.gif
08.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

car51, thank you SO VERY MUCH for that stamp of approval! You are one of the members that I am referring to that helped me out in the past.
2015_PSD is the one that I owe A LOT to! He is the member that put me onto the path to help the less fortunate. God sees all, and believe me, he has seen what 2015_PSD has done and I'm sure He has Blessed him in some sort of way.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Spend the extra money and get a Fram Ultra, use for 2 OCI's.

On my mom's car I use Fram Ultra for 3 OCI's

If you're talking to me, you need to read the last statement in my signature.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Spend the extra money and get a Fram Ultra, use for 2 OCI's.

On my mom's car I use Fram Ultra for 3 OCI's

If you're talking to me, you need to read the last statement in my signature.
smile.gif

+1000 Blue
smile.gif

Speaking of "blue"....

Every time I've removed an AC Delco filter (they're blue, hence my clever joke) a gallon of oil follows it.
Their ADBVs HAVE to be good.

Oh, if I can be a curmudgeon, your Motorcraft filter wasn't "designed for your engine".
It was selected as being adequate for your engine by a team of experts who want not to miss a sale.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

I've used the Pure One filters for about 6 years now with no issues. I current have on of their new Purolator One 10K cans I'll cut open next spring. Never had a issue with one yet!

Purolator has never given me any problems, as well thank you for your service BlueOvalFitter and all other military veterans.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back