GY Duratracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Goodyear Duratracks loud on the highway? I don't need any tires but I was looking at a new Chevy full size pick up today in a parking lot and it had some new GY Duratracks and was wondering for such an aggressive tire just how much noise they make on pavement?

I absolutely love my GY Duratracs. They are the perfect blend of all terrain, mud, snow tire. They also have the aggressive look of a mud tire without the sacrifices a mud tire makes (load noise, bad road handling, ice and snow sucks unless super deep). They are certainly a louder tire but nothing like a mud tire and my exhaust is louder than the tires anyway.

If you wanted something less aggressive and more toward a road tire but still good off road and in snow...the BFG's AT KO2's fit that bill amazingly as well, but its deep snow and mud performance sucks.

Same - they were "horses for courses" when I waterfowl hunted - fantastic all around grip with light hum. Then backed down to Toyo AT - harsh. Firestone AT ideal for now.

According to several friends that have run them, they are fairly loud, have weaker sidewalls, and wear quickly. But they do have good traction off-road while they last.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Same - they were "horses for courses" when I waterfowl hunted - fantastic all around grip with light hum. Then backed down to Toyo AT - harsh. Firestone AT ideal for now.

Only if you run a load range E tire, on a light mid-size truck. Proper load range and inflation for the vehicle, and they ride very nice.

I am on my second set on my Jeep. First set got me to almost 90k with load range E's. Great in snow and ice too.

I think they're fine on the newer stuff. They are a bit noisy on my Jeep, but I doubt it has as much noise cancelling insulation as a new Chevy truck. I like the midnight Z71's btw. Very sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back