2007 Escalade Ext AWD Gear Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys! im confused about the gear oil in my truck. its supposed to be 75w90 but GM says that we are NOT supposed to use LS additives/Friction Modifiers. I have seen that some oils already have those additives inside. Is that ok If i use that? I will NOT be adding any extra additives, im just gonna drain and fill. Local availability in canada here has Amsoil and Royal Purple so im gonna go with one of the two. Do i need to buy the GM fluid that apparently doesnt have those additives or can I just drain and fill with amsoil or royal purple

thanks

so the additives present in those two fluids are fine? and just not to add anything more which i would never do

I use M1 75w90 front and rear. Cheapest at AZ. The Walmarts around me don't sell it. Check your manual for proper fill height. Mine was not fill till it drips out. It was lower (5/8" below fill hole front, 5/8 - 1-5/8 below rear) If you had to choose between the two, no doubt do the front diff. I'm changing that once a year, always dirty, always kind of silver which is bad. The rear was done for the first time at 100k. Came out almost perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back