What oil from my stock should I use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today or tomorrow I am going to change the oil on my GF 2010 Civic and I believe the oil cap says 5w20 and I also believe it is back spec'd to 0w20. Her car has about 115,000 miles right now. With that said I have the choice of Castrol Magnatech 0w20 or Castrol Edge black bottle 5w30. What is your decision?

What ever oil makes you feel like you are doing something special, yes the best for your engine.

2010 Civic with 115k miles?

Go with the Edge 5w30. Don't forget to change the pcv valve(OEM) on the car since it's due. Further, save the 0w20 for your Accord.

Originally Posted By: LotI
Winter is coming, run the Magnatec

Winter, summer, it really doesn't matter.
I read an article awhile back about how people are always asking what weight oil they should run in summer and winter. It read that whatever you use during the summer would work just fine during the winter. YMMV
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

0w20. if she finds out you didn't follow recommendations and just doing what You think is right the downside could be far worse than any gains.

think about it not from the car (thats not yours) but as a relationship test. if you can't do this without doing it your way what about more important future things.

if you were a shop and a customer brings in a car you match the cap or factory recommendation.

in otherwords do you think the conversation oh i put in 5w30 into your car even though the cap says 5w20 is going to go well? "but but the internet says..." isnt going to work.
so then your next idea might be don't tell her..really healthy there too (sarcasm).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back