not a cat person...

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems nobody told the cats...

We got a couple of kittens this week...children never have had baby animals to care for.

It's a good dynamic...the cats seem to want to be with me but.

To make sense of the pic, the flesh is the sole of my right foot...I sit in semi lotus most of my waking hours.

They seem to know. I'm not a dog person but when I go to peoples house with dogs, even in a group, the dog runs up to me and wants to play.

You will be soon enough, with those cutties purring and snuggling up to you. It happened to me long ago.

They're cute until you have to clean out the cat litter box. And vacuum their fur off of every piece of furniture. And clean the black build-up off every corner on every wall junction in the house @ about cat face rubbing height... they have a scent gland in their cheeks that they rub onto select areas to mark off their territory, it manifests as appearing to be dirt build-up at the wall corners about height of a cat up from the floor.

No more pets after my 30 pounder expires.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
They're cute until you have to clean out the cat litter box. And vacuum their fur off of every piece of furniture. And clean the black build-up off every corner on every wall junction in the house @ about cat face rubbing height... they have a scent gland in their cheeks that they rub onto select areas to mark off their territory, it manifests as appearing to be dirt build-up at the wall corners about height of a cat up from the floor.

No more pets after my 30 pounder expires.

Agree, plus you have the mess with them puking up hairballs.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
They're cute until you have to clean out the cat litter box.

We use scoopable litter and with a scoop, it's like a 30 second job. It sure beats a backyard full of dog doo-doo!
smile.gif

Cat ownership enhances the quality a person's life unless one chooses not to let it; Not for everyone however.

If I were to sum up the pluses vs the minuses in my life, I'm still looking at a positive integer.

Good chance they may convert you.

Last edited:
I use to think the same now after few years I have 3 in the house and they all are different in every way. To be really honest they do better in pairs.

I've had dogs all my adult life, wonderful companions and great friends, I am a "dog person" . However, the gray, striped, Maine Coon Cat I had as a child was an absolutely amazing creature, he would do everything with me. Climb the ladder on to the 2nd story roof, to install a CB radio antenna with me, no problem. Go swimming in the reservoir and hiking in the woods, yup, that too. Walk to the bus stop, you bet! Check on me when I pretend to be dead, yup! Always great behavior, never problematic or temperamental. A great friend.

Our latest kitten introduced himself to me by scratching my eyelid when I was laying awake in bed wondering if I should get up on a Saturday. Drew blood! So now when I look at him, I wonder, should I trust him? It pleases him, surely.
laugh.gif

Cats have gotten nicer (through breeding) in the 40 years I've known 'em. Except this guy.

I got my first kitten.....got a cat book.....DO THE FOLLOWING....

As you gently roughhouse with kitty he'll use his cute, seemingly soft claws to play back
When this happens, hold one of the paws gently between a couple of your fingers and say, "NO". Then avoid eye contact.

They get the message that it's not cool to claw people. I became a "cat hero" in my circle. "You taught your cat to play right!" They'd say.

DO THIS

My kids really enjoyed your pic...your kitten looks how our elderly cat must have looked when young!

I`m not a cat person either, but I do recall my brothers calling me a big [censored]. :)

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I've had dogs all my adult life, wonderful companions and great friends, I am a "dog person" . However, the gray, striped, Maine Coon Cat I had as a child was an absolutely amazing creature, he would do everything with me. Climb the ladder on to the 2nd story roof, to install a CB radio antenna with me, no problem. Go swimming in the reservoir and hiking in the woods, yup, that too. Walk to the bus stop, you bet! Check on me when I pretend to be dead, yup! Always great behavior, never problematic or temperamental. A great friend.

That cat seems to have some dog in him....

Somebody once said "If a cat were bigger than you he'd try to kill you"...."that's what they do"....

I'm a dog person....I'm not a fan of the cat's independent nature....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back