Ford Super Duty Luxury Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/09/2018-ford-super-duty-limited-gets-a-texas-debut.html

Quote:
...Looking for the most advanced and exclusive pickup truck you can buy? Then Ford would like you to take a look at its newest, most luxurious offering: the 2018 Ford Super Duty Limited…

...Ford has seen huge growth in the last few years in its premium trim levels. Across the nation, more than 50 percent of the Super Duties sold are high-end trims, meaning the Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum. The Limited takes the Super Duty to a more opulent level...

...Offered in all three Super Duty flavors — F-250, F-350 and F-450 — the four-wheel drive diesel Limited offers two-tone Custom Camelback leather seats; a leather-wrapped steering wheel, console and armrests; a suede headliner; and dark ash wood trim accents. Outside, the Super Duty Limited gets a unique satin-finish grille, quad-beam LED headlights and a special Limited logo on the tailgate…

...Pricing for the new trim level will lead the industry in top-level prices (standard with 4x4 and Power Stroke). The F-250 single-rear-wheel will start at $82,130; the F-350 SRW, $83,305; the F-350 dual-rear-wheel, $84,780; and the F-450 4x4, $88,395 (all prices include a $1,295 destination fee). Ford said if customers order the F-450 and check all the option boxes, they could spend as much as $96,000…

21.gif

Doesn't surprise me, I see quite a few of the Lariats and King Ranch trucks every day. Along with their LTZ GM equivalents.

That's a house in some places. A house.

I do know of several business owners that get a new truck every 3 years for tax purposes. I imagine it's a better write off to show the depreciation on a more expensive vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
That's a house in some places. A house.

Twice my house ...

Although, I did just configure a $37K F350 XL ... A bit spendy

A family here has one of those high-end Ford pickups and a big Lexus V8 sedan. If both are available the Ford gets the nod far more than the sedan. The Lexus goes weeks without being driven.

Like I said in the coal rolling thread, it's all about insecurities. Nothing is more masculine than a truck.

And I know people if given the choice between a King Ranch/Platinum F150 or a Range Rover, you can guess what they'll pick.

Originally Posted By: nthach
Like I said in the coal rolling thread, it's all about insecurities. Nothing is more masculine than a truck.

And I know people if given the choice between a King Ranch/Platinum F150 or a Range Rover, you can guess what they'll pick.

OR, there are people buying these well-optioned trucks because they need the capabilities of a truck, and like the comfort/luxury features too. Or, maybe they just want a truck.

Either way, as long as we live in a somewhat free country, people are allowed to make decisions for themselves. Regardless of those that feel they have some Orwellian right to tell others how to live.

I don't think it's about insecurities all the time. Some people need to tow 20k pounds or more, what's the issue with doing that in luxury? If I ain't paying for it, more power to them.
FWIW, I'd rather have a Range Rover, but I don't tow or haul stuff.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: nthach

OR, there are people buying these well-optioned trucks because they need the capabilities of a truck, and like the comfort/luxury features too. Or, maybe they just want a truck.

My feelings is that if you use a truck for its intended purpose - towing heavy stuff an typical SUV can't or hauling all sorts of things than all the more power to you. I know if I had the need to tow more than 5-6K, I'd get a truck.

The group I was criticizing are the bros - the ones who are buying fully-loaded rigs but they don't take them mudding or tow with them. When I think luxury, I think Lexus(although that's now questionable these days) or Mercedes. Don't get me wrong, the Lariat/King Ranch/Platinum trim levels(and the equivalents at GM and FCA) are nice and could rival luxury cars but it's kinda of a juxtaposition between utility which a truck does quite well and excess.

Well if you want a group to go after it's not the high end truck market. Alot of people live in these trucks pulling horses or towing across the state. I know I bought the most luxury I could afford in my truck. If you want to criticize, criticize the Jeep owners. What a bunch of posers there. Let's take a off road vehicle without doors designed to cross country with out comfort and make it a high end grocery getter that never sees off-road in it's life. Might as well make those tow hooks and winch out of styofoam to save weight because they will never be used.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Let's take a off road vehicle without doors designed to cross country with out comfort and make it a high end grocery getter that never sees off-road in it's life. Might as well make those tow hooks and winch out of styofoam to save weight because they will never be used.

And those are the guys who should be buying crossovers and cuteutes(and their partners would agree as well).

Too bad there isn't a button to buy you a beer here.

To give you an idea of how wide you can option these trucks, my company truck is a F-250 Superduty XL. crew cab, 4 wheel drive, gas motor. Out the door at $40k. Thats a lot of options to reach over double the price.

The price isn't what surprises me. Its the 50% figure of buyers getting these Uber fancy trucks.

Somebody is earning a lot of money! I paid $33K for my 2009 F150 lariat 4x4, new and I thought that was too much. It's still gorgeous though, and has been 100% reliable.

If I spent much of my day in a vehicle, I'd like to have a nice interior to look at.
Those paying around double bucks for a little leather are probably not folks searching for lost change under the seats for a cup of coffee at Speedway.
Now, it should be noted that any decent local trim shop can take a base 3/4 or ton truck and make the interior into a den of sybaritic luxury while also correcting the seat padding for much less than the premium that Ford charges for okay leather on stock seats and Section 8 rental carpeting while also adding better soundproofing, but few people or dealers seem to think that way anymore.
If Ford can find a few buyers for these things, then why not offer them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back