Two Grandsons Joined the Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

this week.
The 18 year old.Marines. The 20 year old the National Guard. Mom was proud but a bit nervous.
34.gif

I come from several generations of family with Military service. I know you are proud.
34.gif

Yes, thanks, I am very proud. Their mom enlisted in the Guard at 17. Sh later became a 2nd Lt. (Nurse)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
this week.
The 18 year old.Marines. The 20 year old the National Guard. Mom was proud but a bit nervous.
34.gif

I hope we don't need them but please thank them for their service. Our country owes a lot to our Vets

I am an old FMF Navy doc. It's men like your grandson's that make me confident that the USA will continue to be safe, free and will forever be the greatest country in the world.

Congrats! Thank them for their service.

I'm sure you'll be as proud as our family is of our son. My son signed the dotted line last week to add another 6 years to the nearly 12 he already served in the USN. Time flies.

Bravo Zulu to your grandson's Al! For all the controversy and turmoil in our society today, it is heart warming to hear things like this.

Good day my friend! Thank you for your family's service to this country. Although several dont appreciate it these days, MANY of us do!

Congratulations, no doubt you very proud of your grandsons. May they have long and rewarding careers serving our great country.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I am proud for them and for my daughter. I did not serve-got a deferment as an engineer during 'Nam. Guess I would like to say I served, but under the conditions of the time..I would make the same decision.
frown.gif
I tried to raise my kids as good citizens and tried to set a good example. I respect Police, military and love my country.It has given me much more than 99% of those in the rest of the world. I thank soldiers in the street for serving.

And I humbly thank all those on the board for serving
34.gif

HS...Didn't have to..she was 5th in her class of 300+. My hat is off really to her!!

1_3827.jpg

1_3804.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back