Anyone run Mobil Super Synthetic ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone has run Mobil Super Synthetic ? It is not easy to find because it is only at Target, AAP, O Reilly's, and Pep Boys. It is not available from Walmart obviously. If it was it would be $20 for 5 qt container. Too bad it is not there either.

I have used it for top off oil. I got mine at Walmart. Mine carries quart bottles. Maybe regional thing with Walmart. I've seen some decent UOAS with it.

You can get M1 for $15/5Q after rebate. Why bother with Super Synthetic?

Last edited:
I got a 5 quart jug for $10 earlier this year at the AZ closeout. Accidentally put it in my 97 F150 5.4 engine. Didnt realize it was synthetic. Whoops

Doesn't make sense to use it when you can get the better Mobil 1 for $22.88 a jug at Walmart. Super Syn costs more at the other stores - still a good oil but you know the order of the Mobil oils from Good to best: Super, Reg M1, M1EP and M1AP.

I am willing to bet that is the new Dexos 1 gen 2 cert. I have never used it, typically a Pennzoil guy but from everything I heard it is good stuff

I've got a couple of jugs of it that were maybe seven bucks after store deals and MIR.
Probably as good as anything else for most applications.
Most of the engines that most of us have as most of us use them aren't all that demanding of their oil.
Walmart does stock MSS around here, as does Meijer.
Meijer is typically the better deal on any oil, since they offer frequent loyalty program deals that you can combine with MIRs.

I used it once back in 2015, but then BAM! my grandmother died in 2016. So naturally I quit using it. I mean, I've only got one grandmother left, and I'm not willing to gamble with her life...

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yeah, I used it, bought it cheap. It was fine!
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Doesn't make sense to use it when you can get the better Mobil 1 for $22.88 a jug at Walmart. Super Syn costs more at the other stores - still a good oil but you know the order of the Mobil oils from Good to best: Super, Reg M1, M1EP and M1AP.

I know this isn't pertaining to me however, I personally got 5 qts for $5.00
I mean, CHEAP!

Yeah, I used it, bought it cheap. It was fine!

I know this isn't pertaining to me however, I personally got 5 qts for $5.00
I mean, CHEAP!

I've also managed to stack sales, in store deals and MIR on Mobil Super at my local Meijer to get it anywhere from $10 to $2 or $3. For that it's a great Synthetic oil to use if I do a friend or extend family a favor and change their oil or for my wife's 5K OCI MDX

Originally Posted By: NO2
You can get M1 for $15/5Q after rebate. Why bother with Super Synthetic?

Not arguing with your order but for an application that does not need M1, why spend the extra $? MSS is priced well for the sector of the market it's in.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I bought five quarts of 0w-20 for $2 each during the January Autozone clearance to use for 6-7K mile intervals in a Honda. I wouldn't want to do extended runs on it.

In an application that's easy on oil, it's still a full Syn, why not go 7.5-10K?

Funny but your answers are pretty much would be what I was thinking as well. I think the warranty mileage is 7500 miles or OEM whichever is longer. I would rather just run this at the end of the day. Price is actually ok on it when on sale. It's not a $1 a qt and such. But it is an ok deal where it usually ends up at.

I've used it before. AAP carries it and has it on sale sometimes with that 5qt plus filter special. Good for an OLM computer-suggested OCI. Comparable to Napa Synthetic/Synpower, QSUD, Amalie/Wolf's Head synthetic, the various WPP-made synthetics sold under so many brands, most house-brand syns, and Havoline Synthetic

As per usual your analysis slacktide is spot on accurate. Well stated indeed.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Good for an OLM computer-suggested OCI. Comparable to Napa Synthetic/Synpower, QSUD, Amalie/Wolf's Head synthetic, the various WPP-made synthetics sold under so many brands, most house-brand syns, and Havoline Synthetic

This sounds spot on to me if we are talking SN & GF-5 oils. Some of the Euro rated SynPowers rank a bit higher to me, like the SynPower 0W40 A3/B4 I used on my previous OCI. Not arguing, just saying that SynPower has a very large and diverse range of oils.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Some of the Euro rated SynPowers rank a bit higher to me, like the SynPower 0W40 A3/B4 I used on my previous OCI. Not arguing, just saying that SynPower has a very large and diverse range of oils.

We don't get these in the US
cry.gif
16.gif

We only get MST 5w30, MST 5w40, and a bunch of SN/GF5 products
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back