Not readable document

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did the latest updates to Adobe Reader and on my desktop it is working ok, however, on my laptop i cannot open one very important PDF document. Error message: 'PDF file is not readable with Acrobat Reader'. I went to the Adobe support site and followed directions, still no joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Reader. The same error.

How to avoid this error messages and why it is happening??

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

If the Adobe reader opens all other PDF files on that computer Ok, then that one file must be damaged. Not sure if PDF files can be opened with any other kind of reader, or if Adobe can repair damaged files.

Make sure you have all the fonts needed.

Forward the Pdf file to another email address. Try to open it somewhere else. Email it back and attempt to open it again.

If this fails start searching with Google.

Sometimes a PDF file becomes damaged or contains corrupt data. If you downloaded the PDF from the Web or received it in an email, download the PDF again or ask the sender to resend it. Copy the file directly to your hard drive, rather than to a thumb (portable) or network drive. Then, open the new copy directly from your hard drive. Also you can use PDF Viewer Tool, quite light weight and versatile.

I think the problem lies in the PDF file in that case. But wait, have you tried opening it using another PDF reader, such as Microsoft Edge if you're on Windows 10? If still doesn't work, then the previous comments are right with regard to the PDF file being the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back