Yamaha yxz1000r

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a blend of 1qt synthetic VR1 20w50 and 2.75 qts of conventional VR1 20w50.

GeDJ7OL.jpg

Unit sees A LOT of high rpm use and this change saw quite a few 70 mile runs at over 8k rpm.

Thoughts?

My thought would be with a once a year OCI likely why aren't you just using all Full Synthetic since it a proven fact it has 50% less wear over conventional?

...not sure where that is a proven fact? But, I actually have about 30 qts of dino vr1 and only 5 or 6 synthetic quarts.

In any case, a once a year oil change interval is not likely.

Changed at 50 miles. 200 miles. 800 miles. 1660 miles. 2460 miles. 4344 miles. The longest interval being 1844.

The unit only has 116 hours of usage on it. 10 of which were on it when I bought it from the key being left on.

Oil change intervals are uncharted territory for this type of usage.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
My thought would be with a once a year OCI likely why aren't you just using all Full Synthetic since it a proven fact it has 50% less wear over conventional?
50% less wear where?

Wow you are averaging 40mph

My unit has 1200 miles and 120 hrs..my riding sees alot of hills and mountains and dusty roads so i change mine every 20hrs. Im sure i am tossing good oil after seeing your UOA. I ride with a couple of yxz1000s they sound wicked. I have a Teryx4.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
...not sure where that is a proven fact? But, I actually have about 30 qts of dino vr1 and only 5 or 6 synthetic quarts.

In any case, a once a year oil change interval is not likely.

Changed at 50 miles. 200 miles. 800 miles. 1660 miles. 2460 miles. 4344 miles. The longest interval being 1844.

The unit only has 116 hours of usage on it. 10 of which were on it when I bought it from the key being left on.

Oil change intervals are uncharted territory for this type of usage.

once again the stoners are smoking crack

this oil does not give a flash of ONLY 400 unless there is fuel in it
period

your flash should be well above 425 and i have 1 uoa of vr1 that shows flash of 465
vr1 is too good of an oil to have a c r a p flash of just 400
and
if the stoners could actually read a chart they would see that 80.x is NOT 50wt
it is 40wt!!! it takes a susvis of 83.11 to be 50wt
so definately there is fuel in this sample!

the rest of your sample results look good...IF they can be trusted
i mean if you cant get fuel and flash right in the report...what else is not correct?

imho, keep using this brew!
steve

Last edited:
Quote:
if the stoners could actually read a chart they would see that 80.x is NOT 50wt
it is 40wt!!!

Any chance a 3 cyl turning 7-10.5k rpm for 2000 miles sheared it out of spec?

Given how lean this motor runs, and the compression, I would not expect fuel issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back