Who makes Mitsubishi full synthetic oil in States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

Does anyone know who makes Mitsubishi Full Synthetic Oil in the States? I know Nippon is big in Japan.

Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,

Pajero

It might still be JXTG Nippon oil. They have a plant in Schaumburg Illinois. Part of the huge Mitsubishi keiretsu. They also own Eneos.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It might still be JXTG Nippon oil. They have a plant in Schaumburg Illinois. Part of the huge Mitsubishi keiretsu. They also own Eneos.

I had a sneaking suspicion, but wanted others opinions! Eneos Sustina is good stuff!

Originally Posted By: PimTac

This is what I was thinking too. Nippon.

So, I e-mailed Nippon Oil in the USA, asking if they manufactured Mitsubishi oil. They never answered the question. On a side note: Mitsubishi is not an option for 1994 Montero. I will NOT consider their oils for the future. Here is their response:

"Thank you for asking about ENEOS Premium Synthetic Motor Oil!

We make engine and transmission oils that are compatible with Mitsubishi vehicles. For engine oil, please use the explorer function on the ENEOS website homepage (near the bottom of the page) to enter your vehicle information, and it will show you which ENEOS Fully Synthetic Engine Oils are compatible.

For transmission oil, we have our ENEOS ECO-ATF and ENEOS ECO-CVT Fluild with multi-vehicle applications that include Mitsubishi vehicles. Please see the product pages on the website to see compatibility lists. We also have the ENEOS Import Series ATF Model SP, which is compatible with vehicles that require Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi ATF Type SP-III Genuine Fluid. Please check the product page to see more compatibility information.

Thank you for contacting ENEOS Sales!
[email protected]
"

Visit us at: www.eneos.us
Follow us at:
Facebook: /eneosusa
Twitter: @eneosusa
Instagram: @eneosusa
YouTube: /eneosusa

I've never used Mitsubishi oil except for the factory fills. Castrol and Mobil1 were my choices and the dealer used Castrol and Quaker State. For convenience and knowing what is in the sump, I'd stick to known brands. Mitsu oil may be a good product but I would stick with what you know best.

The original importer of Mitsubishi in NZ had interests in oil companies, and had their own brand of fuel and oil, which later dissapeared in the late '80's. They were still involved in the oil industry, and were once known as ShellBPTodd. So then they used BP oils, and now it's Castrol. The old shop where I worked which is now shut down had old Europa and BP branded oil measures. Looking at the cartons that Mitsubishi sends the oil in, the MSL (Mitsubishi Synthesized Lubricant) comes from BP, and the DPF oil comes from Castrol. Probably the same place, just different names.

We get genuine Mitsubishi Japan trans oils, DiaQueen, and it comes in tins with Japanese writing, one of the few English words on the can is Nippon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back