Gumout Regane HM vs All-in-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Techron user but Gumout has a strong following and I wouldn't mind trying it out. Only issue is that I find their lineup confusing and redundant. My main interest is PEA concentration; Regane HM seems to contain more PEA than regular Regane. Then you have the All-in-One Fuel System Cleaner, which is a couple more bucks than Regane at Walmart and also contains PEA.

For a regular driver like me who just wants to minimize deposits from occasional use of cheap gas, which Gumout should I use? The All-in-One product isn't labeled as Regane, so does it contain less PEA than their HM cleaner?

I tried the Gumout All-in-one since I had a $10 credit at O'reillys and wasn't impressed with it. Didn't notice any difference. However with the Regane HM I did notice a nice difference. Pinging went away was one difference. I was going to get Techron at WM since I didn't like the All-in-One. But WM was out of it at the time so went with the Regane HM.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
...Gumout has a strong following and I wouldn't mind trying it out. Only issue is that I find their lineup confusing and redundant...

I agree! That may be why I gravitate toward Techron.

Seemed to me for years that WalMart would generally have some flavor of Gumout Regane or Techron on sale at any given moment, never the two brands at the same time but one or the other. Haven't caught either one on sale in about a year and my little stash of Regane HM that I picked up on clearance when the packaging changed has been depleted...

FWIW, the SDSs for Gumout All In One, Regane, and Regane HM all say they are 10-30% PEA.
The Techron SDS just says it is 31-65% trade secret ingredients, which I would assume would include a PEA type of chemical (30-60% of one and 1-5% of another). The Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner shows less than 10% of trade secret ingredients and I think this means it is very low in PEA (assuming it has any).

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Seemed to me for years that WalMart would generally have some flavor of Gumout Regane or Techron on sale at any given moment, never the two brands at the same time but one or the other. Haven't caught either one on sale in about a year and my little stash of Regane HM that I picked up on clearance when the packaging changed has been depleted...

FWIW, the SDSs for Gumout All In One, Regane, and Regane HM all say they are 10-30% PEA.
The Techron SDS just says it is 31-65% trade secret ingredients, which I would assume would include a PEA type of chemical (30-60% of one and 1-5% of another). The Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner shows less than 10% of trade secret ingredients and I think this means it is very low in PEA (assuming it has any).

Sorry, should have made it clear that the first Techron product I was referring to was Concentrate Plus Fuel System cleaner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back