Mystik 15w40 syn blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any love or hate for this stuff? I saw 2 two gallon jugs on clearance at my local Tractor Supply, was 32.99 each, now 16.99 each. Worth it?

Worth it? Yup! How can it get any better then a product by one of the big majors?

Mystik Semi-syn HEDO, manufactured by Citgo, loyal following in the agriculture industry.

Here is my latest/current OCI the motorcycle that I use it in. You can see the makeup of the oil.
Mystic semi syn, 15/50, click here

Here is my now almost 3 year old VOA (and slightly outdated), One you click it takes about a minute to pull up.
Click here

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Mystik lubes for 30 years in equipment and vehicles; however, I was not very impressed using this SynBlend in wet clutch bikes.

That is a decent price.

Hope it's still there !
smile.gif
Thanks for the input...

One thing I feel the need to point out even though I like this oil. It does not carry an API certification so you're taking their word for it that it meets the requirements they state on the container.
This is quite common in the Powersports industry and honestly it's almost impossible to find an HEDO in a 50 weight in the United States, though more common around the world. I only know of one other company Amsoil and that too does not carry an API certification.

I do feel OK about using it and my Road King UOAs have been very good. Add to that it's a Citgo product and this is their business.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
One thing I feel the need to point out even though I like this oil. It does not carry an API certification so you're taking their word for it that it meets the requirements they state on the container.
This is quite common in the Powersports industry and honestly it's almost impossible to find an HEDO in a 50 weight in the United States, though more common around the world. I only know of one other company Amsoil and that too does not carry an API certification.

I do feel OK about using it and my Road King UOAs have been very good. Add to that it's a Citgo product and this is their business.

That information is incorrect.

They carry a license for this product, up to CK-4. #0080, page 3, for both the 10w-30 and 15w-40 semi-syns. (also the dino and full syns, but I didn't include them)

Even the 50 grade is licensed, but not a current spec (CI-4).

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=-1&companyId=10117&resultsUrl=%2FDirectory%2FEolcsResults%3FaccountId%3D-1%26brandName%3Dmystik

Last edited:
You are correct, I am incorrect!
Drinking my morning coffee I assumed we were talking about 15w50 Mystik and why my reference to it and hard to find in the USA, which is what I use.

Mystik JT8 15w50 has no API donut on the container.

I dont know why, I see the sheet you posted and can honestly say thank you for posting it! As I feel even more better about the oil!
(actually you just made my day) :eek:)

CH4 and CI4 seems to be the rating of any 50 HEDO for some reason and it is perfect for what is in my owners manual.
(heck going to print this page out or if you can, supply a link)
I looked all over in the past and could find nothing like this.
Thanks again ...

Last edited:
Alarm guy - Don't sweat it. I've made plenty of errors. Going to make plenty more before I expire, I'm sure.

Mystik makes fine products.

Hopefully your "expiration" date is still a long way off, as we all do!
Thanks again for posting.

Arctic - yeah, sometimes I answer to fast, more so in the morning before my work day starts and drinking my coffee...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back