MC FL-500S, 6,500 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks
smile.gif

This filter and some Rural King 5w30 Conventional were off my friends 2016 Ford Transit cargo van. He delivers cleaning supplies and uses it to help the local food bank out also. 6,500 miles and I didn't ask or see what OLM was. Put another FL-500S and some Rural King 5w30 Syn from "the stash" in and on. One filter model along with the 910S and 400S Puro hasn't JACKED UP YET
smile.gif
. No cuts or slices in ADBV so all good

I am a longtime fan of the FL-400s but I quit buying them when Puro started putting louvers in them. Hasn't Puro had issues with louvers that were not open? And you can not tell by looking in the store either, at least I can't.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I am a longtime fan of the FL-400s but I quit buying them when Puro started putting louvers in them. Hasn't Puro had issues with louvers that were not open? And you can not tell by looking in the store either, at least I can't.

I haven't seen any problem with the FL 910S. Little cousin to the 400.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
As usual, another great MC oil filter doing a great job!
Thanx for the C&P of that mighty fine MC oil filter, car51.
thumbsup2.gif

You're welcome Blue
smile.gif

Motorcraft oil filters are built like tanks! I'd think by looking at them they'd be one of the best filters out there.

Originally Posted By: tig1

You "ain't kindin" about being little, Having come from vehicles specifying FL1A, FL200S(PH16) and FL820S the FL910S in our 2.3 EB is down right puny. But since this Explorer was bought new and we "over" maintain our vehicles this small oil filter will do just fine. It just takes getting use to after 45 years of using larger oil filters
lol.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey

You "ain't kindin" about being little, Having come from vehicles specifying FL1A, FL200S(PH16) and FL820S the FL910S in our 2.3 EB is down right puny. But since this Explorer was bought new and we "over" maintain our vehicles this small oil filter will do just fine. It just takes getting use to after 45 years of using larger oil filters
lol.gif

Whimsey

I hear ya. But I have used the 910 for several years at 10K OCI with success.

lol.gif

Whimsey

I hear ya. But I have used the 910 for several years at 10K OCI with success.

I know, but it's just being old and use to "certain things done certain ways" makes changing habits difficult
smirk.gif
. But time marches on and so will I
thumbsup2.gif

Whimsey

Oh, and Car51 thanks for your continued great cut and posts, they're tremendous and a great source of valuable info
thumbsup2.gif

Whimsey

Glad I can help sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Great post by Whimsey. And I concur 100%. You are the man son!!

Thanks Captain, here to help
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back