R.I.P. Hugh Hefner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout time. Man, 91 years old and still partying with hot chicks at his mansion. Gotta Love Hefner. Will go down in the history books... I mean, Google.

One of my baby pics. Been reading for a long time. I didn't always agree with what he said, but I respected the way in which he presented his opinions.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Like him or not, the man was an innovator who changed the world.

ftfy

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Sleeze Ball right up there with Ron Jeremy.

Lighten up, you just might enjoy life.

Nobody's going to say "He's in a better place now"... because, well, he isn't
crackmeup2.gif

Certainly an historical figure...RIP, which I'm sure that he will.

Never would have got where he did without customers.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Sleeze Ball right up there with Ron Jeremy.

Lighten up, you just might enjoy life.

Maybe he goes to church every Sunday... ?

Nah, there's stuff about sawdust and beams, and judge ye nots if you go there...

Could just be jealous.

A close friend worked at Playboy Headquarters-in the Mansion. She said he was a perfect gentleman.

In fact, the only characteristic she ever related him having (as she was never a gossip of any kind) was one of obsession with "the best and newest" at the facility. That comes as no surprise as marketing (image / sales) was such a part of his, or any other, magazine.

Selling beer and Scotch at a baseball game = GOOD
Selling beer and Scotch in girly magazine ads = BAD. I don't think so.

I'd love to know how each of the 71 (I think) Playboy Clubs the world over performed financially. Those clubs limped into the '80's, no?

If not for Hefner, we never would have had the classic Taxi episode in which Latka transforms himself into Vic Ferrari by reading every copy of Playboy he could find.

One could argue that Playboy wouldn't have gotten off the ground without that one nude photo of Marilyn Monroe making it into Hefner's hands...but, he did make it work, and in a big way. Hefner lived life on his terms, not many people get to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back