'96 Roadmaster 5.7l LT1, PUP 10w-30, 7000mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, here is my second uoa on the car. I've been using it a lot more recently. Silicone is high at 162. Could it be because I had the valve covers changed? Lead went up from 20 to 71 when comparing it to the first uoa. Below are the results and the thread to the first uoa of this car to compare results.

Oil tested- pup 10w-30
Miles on oil- 7,000
Total miles- 66,400
Filter- napa silver

New oil- pp 10w-30
Filter- ac delco

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4080433/'96_Roadmaster_LT1_Castrol_GTX#Post4080433

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4080433/'96_Roadmaster_LT1_Castrol_GTX#Post4080433

If you use Chrome type "Chrome photobucket fix" into Google, they now have an add on that defeats the photobucket Nazi's.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Use the "photo upload icon" and load it here directly - that way you don;t have to use photobucket

Got it thanks! So much easier. And all this time i thought i had to use photobucket.
33.gif

Sometimes older cars don't do too well with longer intervals esp when they weren't spec'd for them when new. I'd stick to 5k intervals no matter the oil used. Resample and take things from there.

I have tried a few oils with my Roadmaster wagon, and I've found it isn't happy going over 5,000 miles with an oil change per my own UOA's. My best ones were with Rotella 10W-30 or 5W-40. I'm using Valvoline full synthetic Maxlife right now, but have never done a UOA with it. Helps with the leaks however.

Went way too long, massive amount of grit in engine (Si 162) is completely destroying the engine bearings.

Good luck getting 100k out of that one!

If it were mine, I would do a couple of oil/filter changes with some Supertech at 100 miles each. And, whatever oil was run after that, I'd change oil and filter every 2500. If it were mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back