Schaeffer 7000 vs 9000 5w-30 in Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I decide to keep my OCI's at 5K, how dumb would I be to purchase the 9003D? It's only about $1/qt more expensive than the 7000. Stupid is as stupid does....

You sound like an overdoer like myself. I say go for it knowing you left nothing on the table and have the best.

Last edited:
At 5k, SuperTech dino would be fine in any of the Toyotas in your signature. Just keep em topped off.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
If I decide to keep my OCI's at 5K, how dumb would I be to purchase .....

....anything but the cheapest oil that still meets specs?

If it makes you feel better, just add one quart of Schaeffer's and the rest whatever cheap oil you can find. That's just as beneficial, as David Vizard has found:

https://books.google.com/books?id=OAw1GD...oil&f=false

Originally Posted By: Gebo
If I decide to keep my OCI's at 5K, how dumb would I be to purchase the 9003D? It's only about $1/qt more expensive than the 7000. Stupid is as stupid does....

Considering that either oil can carry you safely well past 5000 miles (I just did a 9100 mile interval with the 9000, could have gone further) you are well protected either way.

It's the difference between a synthetic blend and an actual full synthetic oil. If you want synthetic, go with the 9000. If you're ok with a blend then the 7000. But at $1 per quart as you said, it's not much of a difference. Personally, I'd be inclined to go 7500 on the 9000 as a conservative, win-win - you get full synthetic and make up for the extra cost over the 7000.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
We didn't get a lot of comments concerning Schaeffer's oils! Interesting..........

Respectfully,

Pajero

Nope...it is not very popular since not mass marketed and not available at WM.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
My engine doesn't need a schaffers or amsoil or motul

M1 in a $12 5qt jug (after MIR) wins the day for value and protection

Can you let me know where you can get a 5 qt jug of Mobil 1 synthetic for $12 cause even at Wally World I can’t get it that cheap.

Originally Posted By: BlueOval83

Can you let me know where you can get a 5 qt jug of Mobil 1 synthetic for $12 cause even at Wally World I can’t get it that cheap.

Mail in rebate. Buy 5 qt jug for $23ish. Get $12 back

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/fall-rebate-2017

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOval83

Mail in rebate. Buy 5 qt jug for $23ish. Get $12 back

Oh cool. Is that from any auto parts store cause my auto parts store sells a 5 at jug of M1 for $40. I love finding a good deal and stocking up.

Last edited:
Walmart usually has it around $23 for the regular M1

Awesome! I’m happy to hear that. I will be stocking up on it next paycheck. Thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: Pajero
We didn't get a lot of comments concerning Schaeffer's oils! Interesting..........

Respectfully,

Pajero

Nope...it is not very popular since not mass marketed and not available at WM.

Good point! I vaguely remembered it as a kid, until I read about it on BITOG.....

Respectfully,

Pajero

It always go back to Mobil...
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
If anyone's interested, I am going to be sending a VOA in to Blackstone on Friday for Schaeffer's 7000 5W-30. Should have it back in 2-3 weeks.

I'll check it out
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back