2005 Nissan Sentra 2.5l Auto trans drain and fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot find a solid answer on the forum or online as to what the capacity is on the 2005 2.5l auto ( se-r ) sentra. Its just my wifes OLD car, that has 130k on it and I use it for work. But I figured why not drain the trans... It calls for Matic-D but Im going Maxlife Syn most likely. Does anyone know where to find the capacity of the trans? I cannot even find out WHICH trans is installed...

Thanks.

best thing to do is to leave the car cold and use a large measuring cup to accurately measure the amount that drains out (dont spill any).

Then put the same amount back in but make sure the oil that goes in was at the same temperture of the oil that came out. Oil expands and hot tranny oil replaced with cold oil could cause you to overfill since the hot oil is expanded and the cold oil is not.

Initial fill being torque converter etc. Im just doing to drain and fill... I cant imagine its more than 5qts total. A big jug of max life should work fine.

The capacity is whatever you drain out, just put back in that much ATF
smile.gif

I know the 4spd auto in our 2001 Sentra had an ATF dipstick because that's where I refilled it from. Nice easy accessible drain plug on the AT pan as well. IIRC, 3-4qts came out when you pulled the drain plug. I used Valvoline Maxlife back then IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back