High Mileage Honda Grom Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
30,500 HARD miles on this engine. Most of the time I am at or above the redline at 100% throttle. This sample was taken from Honda brand 10w30 synthetic with 2,000 miles on it. The engine has a spinner instead of a filter. The plastic referenced in the report is from my failed timing chain tensioner, which has since been replaced.
hlJP0y7iBZgIe64y1

Last edited:
It's my daily driver year-round as long as it's above 25 degrees or so and isn't snowing. Plus I take it on a lot of adventures, I've had it in 20 different states, from Georgia up to Maine, and even into Canada once. There's just something so fun about doing things on a pit bike that shouldn't be done on a pit bike...haha

Edward, the top speed is 50 uphill, 55-62 on level ground with no headwind, and 72.5 downhill or drafting a truck (rev limiter in the highest gear.)
Long trips aren't that bad, the Grom is fairly comfortable, even for my 6'3" self. I just bolt my plastic box on the back and use "avoid highways" on Google Maps. Other than that it's just a matter of checking the oil and chain tension every few hours.

oil is in the middle of 30wt ie IN GRADE!!!!
no fuel at all with flash of 435
chromium of 1 is interesting...is this the new silver ghost from the stoners?
honestly why change anything the report is pretty darn good for what you do to it
steve

Dang, you're a beast!

Thanks for posting pics! I only have 20,000mi on my 2001 SV650, longest trip was ~200mi. I'd love to do a longer trip, but can't find the time! I commute on it everyday, but that only puts on 6 miles per day.

Nathan, good job! I especially like the pic of your bike in the creek! I took a 2 lane road a couple of years ago from I-81 at Wytheville,Va near Bristol, to Sparta, NC. It was a great curvy 2 lane mountainous road and I lost cell service and GPS service while riding. You live in a nice area for riding motorcycles for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back