Pentius?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock Auto has Pentius filters for my old Dodge truck. The PLB16 seems to be the "standard" offering, but they also have the PLXL16, which appears to be a premium filter. Any info on these? The Pentius website isn't much help.

First I've heard of them. However, using the RA pic of the topic PLXL16, exterior including baseplate design and sealing gasket (color) 'looks' very similar to current AZ STP XL line. Without interior pics can't say definitively, though I'd bet coo is the same.

That said, RA filter pics not noted for 100% reliability of filter received. Caveat Emptor.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
First I've heard of them. However, using the RA pic of the topic PLXL16, exterior including baseplate design and sealing gasket (color) 'looks' very similar to current AZ STP XL line. Without interior pics can't say definitively, though I'd bet coo is the same.

That said, RA filter pics not noted for 100% reliability of filter received. Caveat Emptor.

Yes...I ordered 'Wix' filters on RA and got K-Mart Motivator filters that were nearly 20 years old....several were rusty....I retuned most of them.

It turned me off to RA for 'Closeout' filters...

I have use Pentius brand oil filters on my previous late model F150 and my son's Kia Soul with no issue. Cut one open and all looked good for a decent jobber grade filter.

I've used many Pentius branded products for my Fusion, and they have all been fine. Currently have some Pentius wiper blades on it. As far as I'm concerned, you should be fine using them.

You can get ULTRA-POWER R85068 (Car Quest Blue) filters for $1.36.....

Why would you waste money on Pentius?

Originally Posted By: pbm
I ordered 'Wix' filters on RA and got K-Mart Motivator filters that were nearly 20 years old....several were rusty....I returned most of them. It turned me off to RA for 'Closeout' filters...

I have had shelf wear filters for weird (Suzuki car) applications, but nothing like you experienced.

... Yes...I ordered 'Wix' filters on RA and got K-Mart Motivator filters that were nearly 20 years old...
Those were probably thinly disguised Purolators. I know K-Mart filters were in the 80s and early 90. I used a lot of those, cut open about half of them, and found no significant problems.

Yes...I ordered 'Wix' filters on RA and got K-Mart Motivator filters that were nearly 20 years old....several were rusty....I retuned most of them.

It turned me off to RA for 'Closeout' filters...

Yes, I'd be a little leary esp when they were probably charging less than $2 for them.
smile.gif

A fresh dated Fram extended guard hand picked from WM shelves would be safer and better than an unknown. Old cellulose resin media may not flow right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back