Amazon Return Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to send a few items back to Amazon and they e-mailed me a return label. Is it alright to print the label on regular paper and clear tape over it or do I need special paper?

Regular paper works. The shipping company just needs to be able to read the label and scan the barcode(s).

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I'm going to send a few items back to Amazon and they e-mailed me a return label. Is it alright to print the label on regular paper and clear tape over it or do I need special paper?

Yes, as long as bar code can be scanned.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
It's OK, just don't put the clear tape over the bar code. Makes it very hard to read with the scanner.
I would disagree. As long as the tape doesn't have any gunk on it, it will be more than fine.

Is it alright to print the label on regular paper and clear tape over it?

I have done this more than once, bar code and all. No problems.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
Is it alright to print the label on regular paper and clear tape over it?

I have done this more than once, bar code and all. No problems.

same here

Yep, have returned many an item to Amazon and always print the label and cover it completely with glass tape. Never a problem.

Paper will work fine. If you are worried about the tape use the twist sticky glue. You can also tape around the perimeter of the barcode.

The advice given about a drop off receipt is a good idea too!

better to tape the whole label. I've done it about 50times for returns and it's normal process.
The barcode scans fine with standard packing tape. When you bring it to ups or fedex drop off it reads perfectly fine. (even if it doesn't scan, a human can type it in).

If you only tape the edge or whatnot, you are at more risk if gets wet or hit against another package and damaged and then you have a lost package.
It's a good idea to throw a copy of the return label or return RMA into the box as well, if that wasn't already advised in the instructions.

All the big companies negotiate the cheapest shipping method, don't expect it to be treated with "priority". You must protect the package and label.

Last edited:
^^^ Yep, just use that super clear tape over the shipping lable. Can't even tell there's tape over it, and it will protect the lable.

FYI, if you didn't know, if for some reason the barcode or whatever has trouble scanning, UPS/FedEx all have printers throughout the delivery chain, and they just print out a new label on the standard label material, and slap it over the damaged one.

I have gotten lazy.
I print it out on paper and bring it to the UPS store, they put the paper in one of their stick on things. No need for me to buy tape. Same for taping the box. I use a strip of packing tape, and they tape it better for me.
As said, always get the receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back