Krankvents fixing oil consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was googling for some out of box ideas for oil consumption and came across Krankvents in various forums:

Quote:
I use mobil 1 and I installed some Krankvents. Stopped my oil consumption almost totally. I was using about a half quart every thousand miles.

Quote:
krankvents have show some great results on vehicles that were experiencing high oil consumption, thanks for reminding us about those cool devices. I would certainly try them if my car was consuming too much oil.

i'm totally unaware of those "cool devices" and trying to learn more about it.

Anyone with any experience with them?

How would they reduce oil burning in a sound engine? Maybe a modified engine that has lots of blow by from high boost or RPM or loose clearances.

It is just a really expensive PCV system on steroids. You can get the same effect by buying an inline PCV valve and plumbing it yourself with some vac/fuel hose. Running negative crank case pressure is a good thing, but you get limited real quick running a big PCV system on a non adjustable fuel injected engine.

I've never heard of them, but I looked them up because of your post.

Is it just me, or is their website short on information about what the product actually does? It says they're great, that lots of race engine builders use them, and they won't break. But what benefits do I get for my $99.95?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back