what kind of winch you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind you got on your atv?

My 09 grizzly has a factory installed Warn 2500 and I haven't had any issues with it.

on my Dad's Kodiak 450 i put on a Champion 2000 last year, cheaper winch, haven't used it much so we'll see how it does.

I bought a Kodiak 450 last week that came with a plow and winch but the winch doesn't work, it has the factory control but the winch is a warn 2500 with an Artic cat decal on it so i'm guess it was a factory winch off a different wheeler.

so I obviously need to put a new winch on it for the snow plow (gonna let my brother use it this winter)

I'd like to put on at least a 2500, and I've looked at several different ones, Looked at another Champion winch like a 3000 lb.

I've also heard good things about the Runva winches. and what's nice about these 2 brands is they come with the winch the wiring/control the mounting bracket and the fair leads, which not a lot of winches come with.

so what brand do you have? and whats your luck with it?

I have a 07 foreman with a warn xt25, its been great for me with no problems. Warn are very nice winches but come at a premium price. People have had problems with every brand out there.

I just helped a friend mount a winch and he wanted some recommendations on what to get. I suggested for the price viper winches are really good. After seeing the viper line i will go that route when time comes to purchase a new one. Heres a link to what he purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0L5AIO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_vdIYzbY12NDMN

I highly recommend going with synthetic rope over the cable.

Not sure if Jeep winches compare, but I have a Warn M8000 on my Liberty and it's awesome. Wouldn't consider another brand.

Warn and Ramsey have always been the flagship brands, But other like Champion and even harbor freight have been making excellent ones lately.

Originally Posted By: Tribe21
I have a 07 foreman with a warn xt25, its been great for me with no problems. Warn are very nice winches but come at a premium price. People have had problems with every brand out there.

I just helped a friend mount a winch and he wanted some recommendations on what to get. I suggested for the price viper winches are really good. After seeing the viper line i will go that route when time comes to purchase a new one. Heres a link to what he purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0L5AIO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_vdIYzbY12NDMN

I highly recommend going with synthetic rope over the cable.

what makes the rope better then cable?

I haven't had any issues with my cable other then the occasion poke from stray strands.

a friend of mine said he tried the synthetic rope on his wheeler mainly for the plow and said it didnt' last long. does it depend on the application? or maybe they make the rope better now?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Warn and Ramsey have always been the flagship brands, But other like Champion and even harbor freight have been making excellent ones lately.

yes i've seen positive reviews on both winches.

Its really personal preference. But you can repair the rope out on the trail if it breaks without any tools. Yeah rope is more prone to abraion but the ones I have seen have a protective sleeve to help with that. If steel breaks with tension it could kill somebody. Steel is heavier and harder to freespool imo. The rope is stronger compared to the same rated steel cable. Everywhere I ride rope is definately more popular. Ive had both and would never go back to cable. If someone tried the rooe for a plow then yes it will not last long. But they make special ropes just for use on plows.

I have the HF Badlands 5000 on my UTV and am very happy. This thing always works and didn't break the bank.

I was bouncing around some rutted trails on my ATV last week and my winch fell off, but she was ok, got right back on like nothing happened!

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
I was bouncing around some rutted trails on my ATV last week and my winch fell off, but she was ok, got right back on like nothing happened!

A tough ol' gal is she huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back