What is or will be your Mid-Life Crisis car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just keep the WS6. I have had it going on 13 years.
The Malibu is paid off, the Caprice will be done next year.
So I might pick a used 6th gen SS or better Camaro to share the Garage with the Trans Am.

oh so many cars. The problem is most of the things that I'll want by then I might as well buy now. The prices will probably be sky high and thats if I can find a clean one. Things like 03-04 Cobra, Grand National, John cooper works GP mini, SRT Magnum.

I like the aggressive looks of the 2005-10 Ford Mustang GT but the engine is not that great and the Coyote in the 2011-14 is about where I probably will be post midlife

I don't have the finances to have one. I guess the rusty 2003 Grand Marquis will have to do. (But I did buy a motorcycle!)

Not a car, and I passed midlife, unless I'm going to live well past 100, LOL but it was my Rubicon. I'm planning on another crisis vehicle in the next few years. That's one crisis I enjoy.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
I like the aggressive looks of the 2005-10 Ford Mustang GT but the engine is not that great and the Coyote in the 2011-14 is about where I probably will be post midlife

Eh, it depends what you want out of the engine. My 08 Bullitt has the 4.6 3v, and its still great fun. Minor tweaks have it in low 13s, pretty reliable, good fuel economy for a 5-speed car. And the 4.6 engines sound terrific. Of course there is no denying the 5.0 coyote's power.

I'm there now.....I want this years, it's the last production year of the 2 door Accord, V6 EX-L, red package.

Never had the crisis, not expecting it anytime soon. Quite satisfied with where I've been, am, and headed.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Never had the crisis, not expecting it anytime soon. Quite satisfied with where I've been, am, and headed.

^ +1,000,000

Not sure if it counts as a midlife crisis car, or just getting the car I've always wanted, but I plan to get a '70s 240Z/260Z/280Z.

I think mid-life crisis is just a figure of speech. You don't have to hate your life to want a cool car. Typically "mid-life" is when some folks can actually buy that cool/dream car. maybe kids are older, or they're just in a better financial position.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
71 years old, none for me now, but if it was the 60s muscle car,,the GTO hands down.

I bought my 66 back in 1981 and it is still getting me through my mid-life years. Every time I drive downtown to gas it up my wife says "I'll see you in a few hours" because she knows it draws people who want to look at it and talk about it.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
71 years old, none for me now, but if it was the 60s muscle car,,the GTO hands down.

I am with you, and at 70 if I had the money to throw up in the air it would be a 67 Vette with the 427 RPO# L71 and side mounted exhaust.

I expressed my mid-life crisis with a Honda CRV.

Figured I might as well just leap right into senior citizen and skip the entire middle-age thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back