Japanese Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the way home from my Drs. appt. Monday, I stopped at a mom and pop Federated Auto Parts store that was going out of business. Actually, the shelves were picked clean. I did manage to buy the last 2 japanese oil filters for .25 cents each. The owner stated the threads were 3/4-16, the same size as what my oil filter nipple is on my 4.2 V6 engine.
Whom here thinks I should try them on my engine? Or, should I C&P them?

27xfqiq.jpg

Is there a brand name on the can? I think that Japanese writing near the warning triangle symbol says "May Explode if Used on Fords". LoL ...
laugh.gif

If they have a part # on them you can use the Fram Cross reference tool to see what they cross over to in Fram....if it's the PH3600 or PH3614 then use them on your Ford...otherwise C&P...

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Find someone who can read Japanese first, then cut. Ed

"NOW HEAR THIS!"
"NOW HEAR THIS!"
I am in search of an individual/individuals on this forum that can decipher Japanese writing on 2 oil filters! Those interested in the job, PLEASE contact BITOG member Eddie! He will pay you for your time & services with Rice Saki and Eel.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: pbm
Both of those filters are for TOYOTA's...

One of my cousins used to own a 2010 Tacoma with the V6. He would use a FRAM TG 3600 oil filter on the engine. These filters "just might" work on my engine. I see an oil filter experiment in my future..........maybe.
coffee2.gif

I would run one of these in place of a 3600 or 3614 in a heartbeat.

Even on my Harley Softail... which would be kind of funny!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I would run one of these in place of a 3600 or 3614 in a heartbeat.

Even on my Harley Softail... which would be kind of funny!

Yeah, I have to agree with you about using them on my engine.
If you were to use one on your HD, you could put tape over the Japanese words so your HD would never see them.
grin.gif
crackmeup2.gif

There are a few Motorcraft filters that they've used on the Matrix and even Camry. Last oil change two months ago at Quicklane they used an Omnicraft filter. So I'm sure the inverse would work as well.

Originally Posted By: Corelokt
Are these old enough to be of the era of cheap Japanese wind up toys and AM transistor radios?

I think when Godzilla was fighting Mothra, he was throwing these oil filters at Mothra!
grin.gif
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

Those look like Toyota filters, seeing 3614/FL910 and the FL400 can fit on Toyotas, I've used the FL400s many times on a 1UZ-FE I'd use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back