Best concrete cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I moved to a new place and the garage has numerous stains in the concrete that appear to be oil, tranny fluid or something similar.

I used to have some stuff that I could pour on a stain, let it sit for a while, and then wash it off and it would make the concrete cleaner than the concrete around it that is not stained.

I guess I lost the stuff in the move (we threw a lot of stuff out)... so if anybody knows of a good product that cleans concrete really well please let me know. Thanx!

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Muriatic Acid.

Only if you do not mind a pitted surface that leaves tiny pits that quickly fill with dirt and grim.

If you want to make it right start with Muriatic acid and get everything good and clean and then put on couple coats of sealer or a garage floor epoxy paint and enjoy the extra room and ability to keep it a lot cleaner and dust free in the future.

Originally Posted By: Blueskies123
Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Muriatic Acid.

Only if you do not mind a pitted surface that leaves tiny pits that quickly fill with dirt and grim.

This can be a problem if done incorrectly.

The solution is proper dilution.
grin.gif

In my garage i used LA totally awesome found at the dollar store..it cleaned up all the stains i had but they were pretty fresh. For deep stains I have used baby oil, it cuts thru everything.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
In my garage i used LA totally awesome found at the dollar store..it cleaned up all the stains i had but they were pretty fresh. For deep stains I have used baby oil, it cuts thru everything.

Baby oil? Huh. I'll have to try that. Have never heard nor thought of using that on a concrete stain, lol.

Best way is to get a professional epoxy done by a reputable place with a lifetime warranty. Oil then can be wiped up no problem!

Yeah, I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money... I just want to clean it the best I can so it looks decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back