Looking for upgrade recommendation 9012 HIR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle is a 2014 Buick Regal no HID. Headlight performance is definitely below average at best. Can't seem to find any bulbs that offer an appreciable increase in light without going to silverstars (which I'm told Last about 1 year on avg.) Not Looking for any type of conversion, just want something that's plug & play. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Consumers Reports does indeed more or less say the low beams and even the high beams suck on that car. They also state the HID headlights on the higher trim levels are much better. Unless you spend the money changing the housings over to HID lights, sticking ANY HID kit in, ghetto or not, in your stock housings will Suck. Theres more to it than the bulb.

You can try something with a more efficient filament design in that size, but it's probably just a factor of bad headlight design. Upgraded bulbs rarely provide a substantial improvement because there are laws on the number of lumens they can put out...the better filament designs technically aren't illegal because they try to limit the amount of light that is wasted.

Might be worth checking if you can find a wrecked Regal and buy the HID headlamps to swap in.

Do not do Silver Stars, blue tinted bulbs offer worse performance than stock and a very short life.

It must be poor lamp design because the 9012 HIR is an awesome low beam bulb. the 9011HIR is an awesome high beam bulb.

Same as what came in the Ford Model A.
laugh.gif
That's a big difference in years, 2014 versus an 02.

I don't but I did find these : http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-VOSLA-GERMANY-HIR1-LAMP-BULBS-12V-65W-E1-9011-HIR1-LAMP-HIR-1-PX20d-/282356716583?hash=item41bdc59427:g:-akAAOSwv-NWWEzI&vxp=mtr

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Do you have a GM part# for the 9011 (HIR1) in Vosla flavor?

9006 for the low beams

The century has a full bulb shield to work with the 9012

I have an update. The Vosla bulbs did make a difference. : GM Part # ACDelco 23342527 : tough to say exactly but maybe 20-25% brighter. Worthwhile upgrade for $30.00 no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back