Star Trek Discovery airs tonight at 8:30 eastern t

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not subscribing to CBS All-Access just to watch the rest of the shows.

I suspect they may pick up a few subscribers, but I'll wait a year or two for the inevitable Blu-Ray release.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Great something for all the good people who no longer watch the pathetic NFL.

It's like watching a sinking ship, isn't it?!

I'm not sure trekkies should talk...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

laugh.gif

I don't think he's making fun of the fans, just the millionaire players who apparently feel oppressed in an unpatriotic twist of irony.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: SOHCman

laugh.gif

I don't think he's making fun of the fans, just the millionaire players who apparently feel oppressed in an unpatriotic twist of irony.
whistle.gif

Fair enough. I just chuckle at all of it.

laugh.gif

whistle.gif

Fair enough. I just chuckle at all of it.

Oh, I agree! The NFL has allowed the situation to deteriorate into a slow motion train wreck and people seem to be moving on.

laugh.gif

whistle.gif

Speaking of oppressed, this bit comes to mind, especially about the violence inherent in the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY&ab_channel=BoxyBrown

Dear Star Trek

It was fun while it lasted. Thank you for 50+ great years.

You know what they say about “ALL GOOD THINGS”.

I didn’t leave you, but I am :What You Left Behind:

You are dead to me now.

Hailing frequencies closed.

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
Dear Star Trek

It was fun while it lasted. Thank you for 50+ great years.

You know what they say about “ALL GOOD THINGS”.

I didn’t leave you, but I am :What You Left Behind:

You are dead to me now.

Hailing frequencies closed.

Honestly it wasn't that bad, actually I kind of enjoyed it. High production value!

I had my hand on the remote the instant they started bringing up politics (Like the NFL) but actually the main character made a really good point and moved on. I believe it was a statement on the difference between a violent culture and a race.

Regardless, looking forward to next week. Hopefully they can continue avoiding political statements.

Honestly it wasn't that bad, actually I kind of enjoyed it. High production value!

I had my hand on the remote the instant they started bringing up politics (Like the NFL) but actually the main character made a really good point and moved on. I believe it was a statement on the difference between a violent culture and a race.

Regardless, looking forward to next week. Hopefully they can continue avoiding political statements.

TOS was full of political statements pretty much every episode.
TNG as well often had political statements and undertones.

Originally Posted By: blupupher

TOS was full of political statements pretty much every episode.
TNG as well often had political statements and undertones.

Are you saying it would then be appropriate for STD (ooh, unfortunate acronym) to be political, or just pointing it out?

My local CBS bumped it so it was 30 mins late starting, so my Tivo only caught the first half. I'm not sure it's worth paying for CBS All Access just to finish watching. Not sure why CBS was late in my area.

Are you saying it would then be appropriate for STD (ooh, unfortunate acronym) to be political, or just pointing it out?

Just pointing it out.
Roddenberry used the show as a political soapbox disguised as entertainment.
Originally Posted By: ozric
My local CBS bumped it so it was 30 mins late starting, so my Tivo only caught the first half. I'm not sure it's worth paying for CBS All Access just to finish watching. Not sure why CBS was late in my area.

Same here. Mine stopped right as the bright light flashed (not a spoiler for those that have not seen it yet).

So the rest of the episodes are going to be only on CBS.com? And that is a paid thing?
If so, oh well. I could not figure out what the deal is with the Klingons anyway (again, not a spoiler) or what timeframe we are in.

Quote:
So the rest of the episodes are going to be only on CBS.com? And that is a paid thing?

I meant that I'd have to watch the rest of episode 1 on CBS All Access since I missed it. Unless they air it again sometime later in the week. I'm sure the rest of the season will air on CBS as usual.

Originally Posted By: ozric
Quote:

I meant that I'd have to watch the rest of episode 1 on CBS All Access since I missed it. Unless they air it again sometime later in the week. I'm sure the rest of the season will air on CBS as usual.

Well, I looked into it. The show will only be on CBS All Access from now on, this was a teaser episode to get people to want to watch it.
If you want to watch more, you have to pay $6/month for the CBS all access.
So everybody is cutting the cord, but now every single channel is charging for access, which will end up costing more than cable.

They do have a free week option, so maybe next year I will try it for a week and then do a binge watch of the first season in that time.
If it is any good, then a year later create another free account and binge watch the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back