What makes Toyota oil better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Thought it was slightly tweaked M1?

It is!
Toyota's formulation geniuses got rid of all that old-school Grp IV Mobil uses in M1 AFE and EP and replaced it with Grp III.
Toyota's wizards then specified a heavy load of VIIs to yield a high VI, never mind the increase in temporary shear and deposits.
If you ignore temporary shear, permanent shear, deposit formation and cold end performance, then TGMO 0W-20 is indeed a tweak of anything offered as M1.
I'll take the M1 myself.

LOL!!!

You forgot the pinch of Elf testicular excrement that truly sets it apart from the XOM products branded as "mere" Mobil 1
wink.gif

The one thing missing in this conversation is that if you want the original TGMO, you will have to go to Japan. Made by Idemitsu with huge amounts of moly and boron. The Mobil sourced version is not the same.

You sure it's an excretion from that part of the elves?
I'm thinking it might have come from their opposite side.
LOL!

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
You sure it's an excretion from that part of the elves?
I'm thinking it might have come from their opposite side.
LOL!

Hey, I'm just going by what I was told! And don't forget the octonuclear moly
grin.gif

I'd say Bitog made people feel Toyota 0W20 oil was better. The power of opinion. Truth be told if I were in the market for a good 0W20, easy to find, and reasonably priced, I'd go with AFE 0W20.

Nothing, it's no different than anything else you buy at the store. Toyota specific additives is a load of bull, there's no such thing.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The one thing missing in this conversation is that if you want the original TGMO, you will have to go to Japan. Made by Idemitsu with huge amounts of moly and boron. The Mobil sourced version is not the same.

That's the metal can one that I can get locally ?

The one that sheared down in CATERHAM's testing to 2,4Cst in 400 miles ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Metal can? Its been years since I saw one of those. Used a punch spout to pour the oil.

The TGMO is hyped I think because of the moly. Truth is, all the Japanese oils have loads of moly in them. The Mazda oil from Idemitsu has even more. Didn't CATERHAM speak highly of the Eneos Sustina oil with their exclusive W base?

Someone mentioned Mobil1 AFE earlier. That is a decent oil and highly available compared to TGMO.

Apologies for the quality...it's not a bad can, screw top lid...just that there's not much I can do with the contents.

Here's CATERHAM's numbers

Quote:
All oil pressure readings were made at 6,500 rpm and oil temp' of 95C:
M1 5W-50 ..... KV100 17.5 cSt...HTHS 4.21 cP...OP 92 ...psi
M1 0W-40 ..... KV100 14.0 cSt...HTHS 3.7 .cP...OP 86 ...psi
RL 10W-30 .... KV100 11.0 cSt...HTHS 3.8 .cP...OP 87 ...psi
RL 5W-30 ..... KV100 10.6 cSt...HTHS 3.8 .cP...OP 87 ...psi
GC 0W-30 ..... KV100 12.2 cSt...HTHS 3.5 .cP...OP 83-84 psi
RL 5W-20 ..... KV100 9.1 cSt...HTHS 3.3 .cP...OP 80 ...psi
M1 5W-30 ..... KV100 11.3 cSt...HTHS 3.09 cP...OP 78 ...psi
PP 5W-30 ..... KV100 10.3 cSt...HTHS 3.1 .cP...OP 78 ...psi
RL blend, 3qts 5W-20 and 1qt 0W-10 race oil *
...............KV100 8.2cSt est HTHS 2.85 cP...OP 74 ...psi
Toyota (Nippon Oil) 0W-20 virgin, less than 30 miles on oil
...............KV100 8.8 cSt...HTHS 2.6 .cP...OP 71 ...psi
Toyota 0W-20 used with 150 miles on oil **
...........est KV100 8.0cSt est HTHS 2.4 .cP...OP 65 ...psi

Metal can? Its been years since I saw one of those. Used a punch spout to pour the oil.

The TGMO is hyped I think because of the moly. Truth is, all the Japanese oils have loads of moly in them. The Mazda oil from Idemitsu has even more. Didn't CATERHAM speak highly of the Eneos Sustina oil with their exclusive W base?

Someone mentioned Mobil1 AFE earlier. That is a decent oil and highly available compared to TGMO.

This Toyota motor oil being hyped to heck on bitog is just like pennzoil and fram being hyped to all heck as well. I can’t believe people actually thing fram is a good filter. Pennzoil might be good oil now a days but it’s not the best and I’d rather use a cheap super tech filter from Wally World then any fram filter period.

Apologies for the quality...it's not a bad can, screw top lid...just that there's not much I can do with the contents.

Here's CATERHAM's numbers

Quote:
All oil pressure readings were made at 6,500 rpm and oil temp' of 95C:
M1 5W-50 ..... KV100 17.5 cSt...HTHS 4.21 cP...OP 92 ...psi
M1 0W-40 ..... KV100 14.0 cSt...HTHS 3.7 .cP...OP 86 ...psi
RL 10W-30 .... KV100 11.0 cSt...HTHS 3.8 .cP...OP 87 ...psi
RL 5W-30 ..... KV100 10.6 cSt...HTHS 3.8 .cP...OP 87 ...psi
GC 0W-30 ..... KV100 12.2 cSt...HTHS 3.5 .cP...OP 83-84 psi
RL 5W-20 ..... KV100 9.1 cSt...HTHS 3.3 .cP...OP 80 ...psi
M1 5W-30 ..... KV100 11.3 cSt...HTHS 3.09 cP...OP 78 ...psi
PP 5W-30 ..... KV100 10.3 cSt...HTHS 3.1 .cP...OP 78 ...psi
RL blend, 3qts 5W-20 and 1qt 0W-10 race oil *
...............KV100 8.2cSt est HTHS 2.85 cP...OP 74 ...psi
Toyota (Nippon Oil) 0W-20 virgin, less than 30 miles on oil
...............KV100 8.8 cSt...HTHS 2.6 .cP...OP 71 ...psi
Toyota 0W-20 used with 150 miles on oil **
...........est KV100 8.0cSt est HTHS 2.4 .cP...OP 65 ...psi

That metal can looks awesome lol!

Originally Posted By: Diesel16
I’d rather use a cheap super tech filter from Wally World then any fram filter period.

Super Tech filter better than a Fram Ultra ... funny stuff. Must not hang out in the oil filter forum much.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I’d rather use a cheap super tech filter from Wally World then any fram filter period.

Super Tech filter better than a Fram Ultra ... funny stuff. Must not hang out in the oil filter forum much.
wink.gif

Nope but I know that fram filters are not good. Seen to many have issues and I don’t trust them anymore. I don’t even trust the ultra and I sure as heck am not paying what they want for the ultra for my car. No way! I’ll stick to what works for me which is Wix, Motorcraft, Hastings, Baldwin and Amsoil. You couldn’t pay me to put a fram on anybody’s vehicle. Sorry you think they are gold but they really aren’t. Just sayin.....

Sorry you think they are gold but they really aren’t. Just sayin.....

Actually they are, many here who are up on filters realize it and know why. Sorry you're so uninformed and biased base on things that probably happened the distance past. Use what makes you happy.
smile.gif

Actually they are, many here who are up on filters realize it and know why. Sorry you're so uninformed and biased base on things that probably happened the distance past. Use what makes you happy.
smile.gif

Not trying to be a jerk or anything just so you know but........

Lmao!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I can’t trust someone who says fram makes the best filters. No offense but I know they are garbage. Seen to many vehicles with engine damage because of them. But hey use whatever floats your boat bud. Fram being the best filter out there. Lol. Man I’ve heard it all now. Smh

Seriously no offense to you man but they call them the orange can of death for a reason. I can throw a fram on a car and get lifter noise and knock and then change the filter to a different brand and it goes away. Hmmmmm. If fram makes the best then why does there filter cause the most engine damage out of any brand? Please enlighten me. I think if I sneeze on a fram filter it would dent it cause they are that weak. Cardboard endcaps to on these superior filters. Lol. That’s a joke. But again please enlighten me cause I’d love to know how these garbage filters are the best. Maybe people think they are because of marketing but I’ve been working on cars for far to long and I’ve seen first hand what they do to a motor to ever use them again.

Last edited:

smile.gif

Lmao!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I can’t trust someone who says fram makes the best filters. No offense but I know they are garbage. Seen to many vehicles with engine damage because of them. But hey use whatever floats your boat bud. Fram being the best filter out there. Lol. Man I’ve heard it all now. Smh

I said the Ultra, so please try to comprehend. And actually the Ultra does float my boat as well as most people here that understand oil filters - so ya I certainly will continue to use it until something better comes along. I used PureOnes before the media tearing started happening 2-1/2 years ago, and still isn't resolved by Purolator. And even the low tier Fram is better than a Super Tech. Based on your post history you aren't one of them - barely post in the oil filter forum. Go hang out in the oil filter forum for awhile and you might get a different non-biased view based on what Fram was 20~25 years ago.

smile.gif

I said the Ultra, so please try to comprehend. And actually the Ultra does float my boat as well as most people here that understand oil filters - so ya I certainly will continue to use it until something better comes along. I used PureOnes before the media tearing started happening 2-1/2 years ago, and still isn't resolved by Purolator. And even the low tier Fram is better than a Super Tech. Based on your post history you aren't one of them - barely post in the oil filter forum. Go hang out in the oil filter forum for awhile and you might get a different non-biased view based on what Fram was 20~25 years ago.

I use to use purolater filters as well but never experienced the tearing issues you and some others claim to have. They always did great in the applications I used them in but again to each their own. Hope that fram doesn’t cause you a catastrophic engine failure. Seen that happen a lot in the last 5 years. Anyway I’m going to bed. I gotta work in the morning. ✌🏻

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Click here for Fram content!

Clearly, the Fram Ultra and ToughGuard are quality filters.

I really don’t need to read that pointless thread because I know otherwise. Just because some members have luck with fram still does not make them superior to any other brand. Just sayin.....

Reicarnatrd troll? ... kind of has that smell. Later, and have fun with those below average SuperTechs. I could really care less what filter or oil, etc you or anyone else uses, as everyone can decide on data and facts, IF they decide to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back