how to shut off window motor power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the Dodge in my sig's windows tinted around 2 years ago, it is a lot darker than what Louisiana law allows but thats what I wanted on my truck, really helps with glare and heat. State troopers are notorious down here for stopping and ticketing people for window tint, one trooper in particular we call him the "Tint Nazi" as thats pretty much what gets his blood flowing is when he sees a tinted vehicle. The parish cops leave us alone and dont even bother us about it. Usually when I see a trooper, I put all 4 windows down to avoid being pulled over, but if you do get pulled over theyll still make you put your windows up to check the tint with a meter. I was curious if theres a way that I can hook up a toggle switch or button under my dash, out of view, to cut off power to all 4 windows in the event of getting pulled over and made to put my windows up, that would essentially render my windows "broken". I asked an electrician friend of mine but he said it would probably be pretty complicated.

And yes, if I ruffle any feathers with this post, please refrain from negative comments or going off topic on this post,many are known to do that on here. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm a proud American and I 100% back the blue. I just feel that tint is not really that big of an issue and I dont want to constantly get ticketed for something which is so miniscule. If someone can answer my question in regards to disabling the windows, I'd greatly appreciate it.

They won't buy it. I'm all for tricking the law but if he sees your back window he'll write you a ticket regardless of whether your side windows work or not. He could also charge you with failure to comply if he doesn't believe your story about the windows inop.

I live in MN and the troopers here are tint Nazi's too. Nothing you can do about it. It's an easy ticket to write and write it they will.

It can be done. Don't expect a how to tutorial online. You could get real ghetto and tap into the fuse with an add a circuit and run a switch somewhere. BUT, expect a vehicle search when your windows can't be rolled down and a cop thinks you have China White behind the door panels. Depending on your criminal background, find an MD that will sign off on the form for your heat exhaustion problem your having.
http://www.lsp.org/pdf/WindowTintExemption-Medical.pdf Find the appropriate World Health Organization International Classification of Disease ICD- 9-CM code which is T67.6.
Make a DR appointment at a pill mill if you got to. Don't shower the night before, don't wear deodorant and mow a lawn before the appointment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back