Towing and Damage question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So motorcycle was being towed through AMA on a flatbed and driver had no clue how to strap it properly.

Motorcycle fell on the bed, on the way to destination. I took many pictures of damage and everything.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced towing damage and how does this whole process work? Is it painful and ugly?

I mean, it's very frustrating and annoying to go through all of this. Does anyone has any advice? Thanks very much.

Towing company should have insurance to cover these kind of damages. Shouldn't be too hard to file, just need the name and phone number of the company who they're insured through. The sooner you start the claim the better.

I have already filed the claim with AMA and they said they are going to towing company since they'll be responsible for the damage.

If I couldn't get results I would report it to my insurance company. They will go after other companies and alot of times make the repairs and then sue the other parties insurance for all costs including some of theirs I am sure but to no cost to you or in premiums.

Last edited:
This one looks to be a simple one for your insurance company to handle.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Wow. What an iddiot.

21.gif
lol.gif
10.gif

Yes, what an idiot. Seriously!!!

I have liability only insurance, does it matter?

Plus, I don't want to take insurance route because they'll bump insurance rate without any reason!

I had liability only (on my car) and still reported being rear ended to my own insurance. They want to know! It's in my policy, and maybe yours too.

Not at fault, rates didn't go up.

But you should not need much service from your insurance company. AMA should require bonding of the tow companies they use and this should go pretty smooth. Start with them, and the tow truck themselves if they're cooperating.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I had liability only (on my car) and still reported being rear ended to my own insurance. They want to know! It's in my policy, and maybe yours too.

Not at fault, rates didn't go up.

But you should not need much service from your insurance company. AMA should require bonding of the tow companies they use and this should go pretty smooth. Start with them, and the tow truck themselves if they're cooperating.

Makes sense and very solid advice. Appreciate it.

With liability only your insurance will pay you nothing just another party in an accident.

Good luck working with tow company insurance.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
With liability only your insurance will pay you nothing just another party in an accident.

His insurance won't pay him anything, the point of involving them is that he was not at fault. They will pursue the other party's insurance company for repair costs, if they won't then a small claims lawyer will.

Originally Posted By: ironman_gq
Originally Posted By: madRiver

His insurance won't pay him anything, the point of involving them is that he was not at fault. They will pursue the other party's insurance company for repair costs, if they won't then a small claims lawyer will.

Would be interesting to know if his insurance company would even get involved since he didn't have comprehensive coverage with his insurance company. His insurance company doesn't have a dog in the fight from what I'm reading. Only thing he can do is go after the towing company, and I doubt his insurance company doesn't care to get involved since they wouldn't cover it anyway if nobody else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back