2016 FLTRU Amsoil MCV 20W50, 5229 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 56,000 miles on a 2016 bike.
I guess it doesnt matter what the numbers say as I assume you will be getting a new bike in a year or two, or replacing the engine once you get to around 150,000.
This last oil run was your worst though, as far as the lab shows. Drastic increase in Alum, Tin, Lead & copper. Also your highest iron count which is still very good though.

Im always surprised at the lack of Boron and Magnesium in Amsoil and only assume there is some other element there that is not tested for and we need to keep that in mind for all oils as if this was a lost cost oil it would get trashed in the forums.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Wow, 56,000 miles on a 2016 bike.
I guess it doesnt matter what the numbers say as I assume you will be getting a new bike in a year or two, or replacing the engine once you get to around 150,000.
This last oil run was your worst though, as far as the lab shows. Drastic increase in Alum, Tin, Lead & copper. Also your highest iron count which is still very good though.

Im always surprised at the lack of Boron and Magnesium in Amsoil and only assume there is some other element there that is not tested for and we need to keep that in mind for all oils as if this was a lost cost oil it would get trashed in the forums.

Not sure if you are reading the UOA correctly. Bottom is the latest.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
[censored]! Your are right Pablo! I was reading it wrong! :eek:)

We forgive you.

This has been my favorite bike. I hope to get 100,000 out of it. If I start having trouble with it, it's gone.

Originally Posted By: nocarb
This has been my favorite bike. I hope to get 100,000 out of it. If I start having trouble with it, it's gone.

Any others in mind/wish list if its ever "gone" ?

[quote

Any others in mind/wish list if its ever "gone" ? [/quote]

It will be another Roadglide Ultra.

Originally Posted By: GRIMland
Out of curiosity, are you using the amsoil MCV in all three holes?

MCV in engine and primary. Using the Amsoil V Twin trans fluid for trans.

Last edited:
Thought about using the Vtwin trans fluid too, but the local Fleet Farm store carries Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 in stock and runs sales on it occasionally for $12.99 so I just stick with that. I'd like to try 75w-110 or the Vtwin trans but at full price it's not as temping. An amsoil dealer on the HD forums told me the Vtwin trans fluid viscosity was between 75w-90 and 75w-110.

Last edited:
once the bugs get worked out the M-8 will prolly prove to be the best HD engine yet except the evo sportster engines that is, but not yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back