2015 Silverado Valance Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing some others on a few forums doing this I thought I'd give it a try. Mannaged to gain 5" of additional ground clearance in the front. Went from 8" to 13" from ground to bumper plastic. Im offroad a lot hunting, fishing, shooting, ect.. and the thing was too low for that [censored]; it was getting slightly chewd up anyway.
I used some masking tape and a razer knife and followed the countour of the bumper. Looking forward to some BFG KO2s and maybe a 1" level once my michelins wear out.

enjoy...

Before

And Now

I think it looks better than completly removing it. It looks "naked" without something to finnish off the bumper..

Originally Posted By: stroked93
It's there for fuel mileage. Keeping air out from under the truck reduces drag.

Yep, Chevrolet claims it adds 1 MPG. Looks are sometimes more valuable!

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Originally Posted By: stroked93
It's there for fuel mileage. Keeping air out from under the truck reduces drag.

Yep, Chevrolet claims it adds 1 MPG. Looks are sometimes more valuable!

Most guys who took it off claim they did indeed lose 1mpg.

Had a 2009 Silverado with the same issue with ground clearance. Sage brush removed it for me when I was out west. Never did notice any reduction in mileage or cooling capability.

The survey crew at the engineering and design firm I work for has some of these trucks and the lips were all falling off and torn up within 4 months of getting the trucks. They are so low. They even catch on some parking blocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back