What ratio do you use with tcw3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grounds keeper at my work have been fighting a sluggish 700cc efi Polaris motor for the last year.

Its hard starting, doesn't like to pull up a hill ect.

Yesterday they added 4oz of tcw3 to 10 gallons of regular gas.

They did the normal 9 hour route.(9 hours of contstant running )
This morning they came in and for the first time the motor didnt stall. It didn't idle very well, but it idled until it warmed up.

They are going to keep me in the loop, I'm really excited to see how many gallons it takes before things start changing.

I use 1 or 2 oz per 5 gallons. I always felt this was a ( maintenance ) dosage and not really for cleaning, maybe i was wrong ?

Last edited:
Top end is probably shot. The valve guides are not good in Polaris which causes loss of compression .. do a compression test Ive had to do 2 top ends on Polaris due to inferior design of the valve guides and airbox sealing.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Hmmmm... curious.

I wonder if sea-foam would've done the same thing?

On Monday,i might have them do 10 oz of marvel mystery oil or sea foam to the tank.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Top end is probably shot. The valve guides are not good in Polaris which causes loss of compression .. do a compression test Ive had to do 2 top ends on Polaris due to inferior design of the valve guides and airbox sealing.

From what they are saying, the hard start and loss of power happened randomly when their bulk fuel tank had ( strange ) smelling winter fuel in it.

It was in flagstaff, then switched out for another unit once it started running bad.

We will see, they might use several different things. @ this point its disposable to the company.

I wouldn't mind buying it and rebuilding the motor/top end.

^^^What Jeep said! Been using this ratio @ every possible fillip for the past 17.4 years.
Mainly using Pennzoil Marine XLF ELF.
Using my old Lucas Fuel Treatment 5.25 oz bottles.

Leroy: Just keeping doing what your doing with your ratio.

Polaris has cam wear issues bigtime..here's a Honda 500 Rubicon piston 10 years on 640:1..hope this helps

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Polaris has cam wear issues bigtime..here's a Honda 500 Rubicon piston 10 years on 640:1..hope this helps

What does 640:1 equal out to in oz to gallons? Ive been using 4 oz to 10 gallons.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Originally Posted By: dblshock

What does 640:1 equal out to in oz to gallons? Ive been using 4 oz to 10 gallons.

You've been using it at the 320:1 ratio.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
What are the dangers of using TCW3 in a 4 stroke?

If you are using the 640:1 ratio there doesn't seem to be any. If you use a more two-stroke like ratio you could get carbon build up and plug fouling.

There's always the chance it does nothing and you're wasting a few cents every fill-up.

This may have to be my next UCL. I like the idea that TCW3 cleans and lubes. It's also a LOT cheaper than Lucas and MMO for the same quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back