2012 Honda Fit fog light replacement...good site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielsternlighting is a great place. Also rallylights is another long time reputable site with good quality lights.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
Danielsternlighting is a great place. Also rallylights is another long time reputable site with good quality lights.

Neither site sell fog lights. Actually, neither of them sell OEM replacement of anything. Not sure if it was meant an attempt to help me mod my car instead of purchasing parts to replace worn/broken OEM parts.

I was highly impressed with the TYC-branded replacement fog light that I got from Amazon for my wife's Corolla. It wasn't identical but it was solid, heavy, and had an apparently DOT-certified glass lens and an OEM-style bulb socket that the cheaper ones didn't have. And it was 1/10th the price of an OEM unit.

That said, within a week it had a huge crack in it but I'm going to chalk that up to the road construction my wife has been driving through lately. No idea if Amazon or TYC would have replaced it but the car is now gone.

Rock Auto, or your local junkyard
smile.gif

I can't believe they'd fail you for a fog light, since they're not even required
crazy2.gif

There is a crack in the lense that probably occured when I drove my my house to the inspection place. Waited in line for 3 hrs (there were 4 cars in front of me) to be told I failed inspection.

Rock auto's price is almost twice as much as carparts.com. Is carparts.com good site? I know rock auto is.

Both fog lights in the Matrix are broken not just cracked. There's missing glass in the housing. I remember a salt truck flying by me on the hwy that I think did one of them in. Not in a hurry to replace since new ones will probably break as well. If I do replace then probably put some Lexan no them.

Amazon has the entire assembly for 86+tax and stuffs. Rock Auto is 60 + 7 shipping for just the housing and maybe bulb (not listed). Carparts has it for 29 + 6 for shipping.

Junk yard has no Honda Fit and they normally want a lot of parts not guarantee to work anyway.

Here's some reviews on carparts:

Link 1

BBB grade is D- which equals a big HECK NO! I'm all for trying new businesses out but not in this case.

Last edited:
The honda fog lights are not special and do not really add much to your lighting. They are mainly cosmetic. Therefore don't spend a lot of money on replacing them. Just get the tyc part from amazon or rock auto or ebay even.

The fit's lights are quite prone to breaking, so I suggest you also buy film to protect them-especially when you have new ones for replacement it will be easier to install the film. Example headlight armor . com .

Source:
owned 2nd gen and 3rd gen fit and all had foglights broken and having to driving on some mountain roads which were sanded/gritted)

Last edited:
I am going to Rock Auto as I don't want to have to wait and wick around. But I removed the fog light assemblies and will have re-inspection tomorrow. It's my wife's daily wheel so I don't want to have a rejection sticker on it and my Accord is just too old (230k miles and need water-pump soon and probably due to TB and on hte old set on tires as my commute is only 1/4 mile) to be driven by a non-car person for 150 miles daily, even if it's only a week or so. It's fine to be driven by me as I have hawk ears for things that might go wrong.

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
But I removed the fog light assemblies and will have re-inspection tomorrow.

You might want to tape over the switch as well.
50.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: M1Accord
But I removed the fog light assemblies and will have re-inspection tomorrow.

You might want to tape over the switch as well.
50.gif

Yeah, Dumb to fail over cosmetic fog lights. I would probably remove them and find a switch without the fog light or blanking plate for the switch hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back