Using up boat fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably have at least 10 gals of boat fuel: gasoline with TCW3 mixed at a 50:1 ratio. Rather than stabilize it till next summer, I would prefer to use it up in my automobiles. How much should I dump in a 20 gal tank prior to filling so that I don't have too much oil? I don't mind "over diluting" it to use it up but would like to get the cleaning benefits of the TWC3 if possible. Would probably run it in my 91 Chevrolet K1500 primarily.

It will eventually ash cake the CAT. Run as little oil as possible in a CAT equipped car or truck. 2 gallons in 20 would be all I'd tolerate. The rest would get mixed richer and run in chainsaws, weed eaters, etc.
smile.gif

That's what I was thinking -not too much - and my BIL burns trash at his place 👹

I would use it in whatever consumes the most gas the fastest. I would use 2 gallons at a time. 50:1 is just good UCL

TWC3 is made to burn cleanly, so there should be no issues with any part of the fuel injection system or the cat.
Motor oil isn't made to burn cleanly yet cars can run for a very long time with no issues using a quart each K or so without issues.
You're also talking about maybe five gallons of mix in twenty gallons of fuel over two tanks on a one-shot basis.
I doubt that this would cause any harm. At 50:1, you're talking about 2.5 oz of TWC3 per gallon, which seems unlikely to do any harm.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
It will eventually ash cake the CAT. Run as little oil as possible in a CAT equipped car or truck. 2 gallons in 20 would be all I'd tolerate. The rest would get mixed richer and run in chainsaws, weed eaters, etc.
smile.gif

New OPE have cats in them - and my parent's Echo chainsaw from 2004 has a catalytic muffler. If the stuff is TCW-3 or JASO compliant, it won't hurt the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back