Walmart Powermate 2000 - anyone own one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about this $488 unit, any good stories out there?

Around here even the older used Honda's try to sell for some exorbitant amounts.

What is your need bro?
I have a harorfright 400w I bought with a coupon for $89, works well for me needs for quick power.

Honda - EU - buy a new one, samsclub has them sometimes, or use a % off coupon or dollar off coupon to get them. if you look around you can get a good deal for NEW one.

Originally Posted By: stockrex

I have a harorfright 400w I bought with a coupon for $89, works well for me needs for quick power.

I have the 600w harbor freight generator. Love it!

Use it when I'm camping, have used it on the trail to run electric impacts, drills.

Really a great "toy"

I saw this 2000 watt inverter generator at my local Wal-Mart a few days ago.

Its a Chinese clone thing. Parts could be hard to find.

It could be good. It might be junk.

Buy it and do a review.

Interesting-Overstock has the EXACT SAME Powermate 2000I generator for only $420, and there is a parallel kit for it, I might have to bite the bullet & try one, esp. if Overstock will accept one of their 5% or 12% off codes on it.

Honda EU2000i.

You guys keep trying to cheap out. Buy it once and be done with it. The Honda will run when you need it most, the Chondas might run for a while or they might not.

Generators are used during storms when you lose power and you are already stressed out, the last thing you need is an obnoxiously loud balky generator.

Just my two cents.

I took one for the team-my ancient 2000W Briggs powered one lost it's carb, managed to get 15% off from Overstock, out the door for just over $350-I'll let you guys know how it goes. It'll be running T5 10W30 HDEO after I break it in, just like the 13 HP Predator on my log splitter.

In years past there have been inverter generators for $300 on black friday.

Since there are electronics in these things, they'll follow Moore's law until they're the sum of the price of their machined parts. So I would get a cheap one now with the hope that in 5-10 years its potential replacement will be $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back