Lower cost wheel source 2017 CR-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to plan out the winter wheel tire package for my wife's 2017 CR-V.

I need a source of low cost alloy wheels. A close-out or something of that nature. I got super lucky on my WRX several years ago and scored a set of alloys for sub anything online. Now for the CR-V $97 ea seems to be the lowest. Any ideas?

There's a bunch of them on Tirerack for $59 + shipping that look nice. Free mounting if you buy the tires there as well = score!

edit: looks like quantity available on some of those is limited.

Last edited:
Are you willing to buy used tires? I've bought used OEM wheels for all my snow tire sets, never spent more than $200 for all 4 alloy wheels on Craigslist

I particularly like OEM wheels since they always seem to look more "stock", plus they're available with the exact hub bore and the lug nut seats (for the Honda, they use the specific ball seats).

With aftermarket wheels, you might have to have to use hub spacer rings and keep a separate set of lug nuts. I buy OEM TPMS sensors.

I just bought a set from an older Altima for my new LEAF. I found that 16" wheels fit, plus the snow tires for the proper 16" wheel size are significantly less expensive than the OEM 17" tire size. Definitely worth checking into smaller wheels!

buy wheels with tires mounted from discount tire, no charge mount + balance + free ship!!!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
There's a bunch of them on Tirerack for $59 + shipping that look nice. Free mounting if you buy the tires there as well = score!

Links would be cool. I saw nothing like that at TireRack.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Are you willing to buy used tires? I've bought used OEM wheels for all my snow tire sets, never spent more than $200 for all 4 alloy wheels on Craigslist

I particularly like OEM wheels since they always seem to look more "stock", plus they're available with the exact hub bore and the lug nut seats (for the Honda, they use the specific ball seats).

With aftermarket wheels, you might have to have to use hub spacer rings and keep a separate set of lug nuts. I buy OEM TPMS sensors.

I just bought a set from an older Altima for my new LEAF. I found that 16" wheels fit, plus the snow tires for the proper 16" wheel size are significantly less expensive than the OEM 17" tire size. Definitely worth checking into smaller wheels!

Don't really want used tires, BUT that sounds like a good idea to get some OEM wheels.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: benjy
buy wheels with tires mounted from discount tire, no charge mount + balance + free ship!!!

And no TAX!

Discount Tire is good CS, really excellent here, but their prices are now high. I didn't see any wheel deals. And of course they charge sales tax, online, and in the shop. Not sure where you came up with that.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Don't really want used tires, BUT that sounds like a good idea to get some OEM wheels.

Oops, I meant used wheels! Yeah, I highly recommend OEM wheels.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: benjy

And no TAX!

Discount Tire is good CS, really excellent here, but their prices are now high. I didn't see any wheel deals. And of course they charge sales tax, online, and in the shop. Not sure where you came up with that.

Discount tire "Direct" I just got $600 worth of tires shipped to my door tax free

Last edited:
I'm generally a junkyard person.

Though Hondas seem to require Honda wheels. The calipers are "fat" , so even though the wheel has 6 or 7 inches of backspace, another manufacturer's wheel in the same bolt pattern with the same backspace and offset won't end up working.

5x114 (64.1mm Center Bore) and the world's your oyster, but the competition is more fierce as well.

I would look for something like 2005 caravan rims. What size do you need, to clear your brakes? I can't imagine CRVs using the full 18 inches they seem to come with.

I was having a devil of a time finding common 5x100 rims but eventually found "subaru" rims without the size listed, and with a bigger hub bore (better than smaller!
smile.gif
).

We'll see if this link works:

LINK

Ok looks like it does. Some of the results are 17 inch wheels which are - 1 inch so hopefully you'll consider those as well.

Last edited:

We'll see if this link works:

LINK

Ok looks like it does. Some of the results are 17 inch wheels which are - 1 inch so hopefully you'll consider those as well.

Awesome thank you!! Went with the Andros N1 at $59. Less than a steel wheel.

Weird that those don't pop up in my searching.

I just entered 2017 CRV and went with the EX model. The wheels are 17 inch so maybe smaller than what's on there now. They sure look more like their original price of $128. Good reviews as well. Quantity says less than two, but if you could somehow get all four or even 2 of the one style and 2 of the other style I would get them.

Last edited:
Did you order tires with them as well? Just curious what snow tire you're going with.

Thanks!

Tires later. But shopping soon, after daughter moved up to college this weekend.

I've never had an issue with picking up used wheels off Craigslist. Just know what you need and what to look for on rims(weld, bends, cracks etc.)

None of my winter wheels were perfect but when covered in road salt you couldn't tell the difference especially after throwing on a coat of paint. Picked up a set of OE Toyota Celica GTS wheels a while back for $225 with like new General all seasons. Swapped out the AS tires and put on new Nitto snow tires for $700 OTD including the purchase of the rims. Used the Generals on a different set of wheels and got 2 sets for just over $1000.

Simple tire has tons of cheap snow tires. Yeah most are chinese off brands but I've seen some $100 Cooper winter tires on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back