Caprice Burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Figured I might as well share.
I let of a few times didn't want to melt the pavement...

I love my street private road. Dead end. My house and the neighbors. My neighbor is filming.
Caprice Burnout

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Not bad,need more RPM though!
wink.gif

+1 Need to bounce of the rev limiter a few times for the full effect! But I can understand not thrashing on it too much.
They can take quite a bit of abuse, but not unlimited...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
That is a beautiful car!

Thanks man. Of all the cars I have owned it has been my favorite.

I had the DOD delete kit with a nice cam. Hope to get it in this winter.

Originally Posted By: ATex7239
Is that a police car?

It was supposed to be. Never went into service. It is a 2014 9C1 Caprice, it is a really a Holden Caprice, shares stuff with the G8 and Chevy SS. Ended up as a GM Demo and then went to a local dealer. They tinted the windows and put the rims on it. When I picked it up had something like 12,000 miles on it. 6.0/6l80. 355HP/385FT/lbs of torque.

I had it dynoed for a base line. To the wheels it was 322HP and 364FT/lbs of torque.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: ATex7239
Is that a police car?

It was supposed to be. Never went into service. It is a 2014 9C1 Caprice, it is a really a Holden Caprice, shares stuff with the G8 and Chevy SS. Ended up as a GM Demo and then went to a local dealer. They tinted the windows and put the rims on it. When I picked it up had something like 12,000 miles on it. 6.0/6l80. 355HP/385FT/lbs of torque.

I had it dynoed for a base line. To the wheels it was 322HP and 364FT/lbs of torque.

Bet that's fun!

How do those numbers compare to a Charger 5.7 and 6.2?

The SS is something like 375hp and 380ft/lbs of torque to the wheels. So it is a pretty good jump.

Stock 5.7 Chargers are 275 to 305. Most average 275-285hp, torque is around 295.

Mine seemed high, but not a lot of dynos numbers to compare. The only other one I have seen was a bone stock one, I have exhaust axle back,
with 102,000 miles on it and he made 305hp and 360FT/LBS to the wheels.

I am guessing my exhaust has to help. Just didn't think it would be so much. Most stock 9C1 Caprices are 290 to 310.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back