Toyota 90915-YZZG2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in the dealership today to get an oil filter for my 2006 Highlander 6 cylinder regular engine. I noticed the parts mgr really studied one of those plastic oil filter sheets for several seconds and gave me a 90915-YZZG2 oil filter. It looks good. It is really heavy but I don't think it is the right filter.

It only cost $4 so I might just cut it open.

What is this filter for?

They had some made by Purolator at one time. I saw them 15 or so years ago. 909015-yzzd1 is the usual one handed out for those engines. It would be nice to see pics, not cut open, especially the center tube because the newer Purolators have louvers. Unless Toyota specified holes. The ones I saw also had a red adbv.

The newest Toyota Oil Filter Chart says my '06 Highlander 6 cylinder takes the 90915-YZZG1? I have been searching a long time and cannot find the relationship with the G1 and the G2.

Any ideas?

The YZZD1 has been superseded. YZZG2 is what the book calls for pickup now. It's made by Purolator. Cut one open that had a tad over 3,000 miles, and it looked fine to me.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
The YZZD1 has been superseded. YZZG2 is what the book calls for pickup now. It's made by Purolator. Cut one open that had a tad over 3,000 miles, and it looked fine to me.

Please see my previous thread. I see you say the D1 has been superseded by the G2. What about the G1?

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
They had some made by Purolator at one time. I saw them 15 or so years ago. 909015-yzzd1 is the usual one handed out for those engines. It would be nice to see pics, not cut open, especially the center tube because the newer Purolators have louvers. Unless Toyota specified holes. The ones I saw also had a red adbv.

Did they change manufacturers to Purolator? The last few OEM filters I've bought for my Tacoma were made by Denso. Wont use them anymore if they switched to Tearolator production!

The G2 is made in USA with red ADBV and round holes in the center tube. Apparently made by Purolator.

I asked this in the other thread, might as well ask it here.. Are the G1/G2 the only ones Purolator is making for Toyota? Or will they move to the rest of the line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back