Funny or odd safety signs at work or other places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

My job picked up a new dolly that folds down into a cart. On it was a sticker that said "Warning this hand truck is NOT intended to be used to transport large appliances, including without limitation refrigerators." I always thought fridges were included as large appliances.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
Hi all,

My job picked up a new dolly that folds down into a cart. On it was a sticker that said "Warning this hand truck is NOT intended to be used to transport large appliances, including without limitation refrigerators." I always thought fridges were included as large appliances.

LOL the disclaimer didn't mention Gun Safes?

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
Hi all,

Hmm, large appliances are about the only thing I use a dolly for...

We've got a shredder in my office with the following warning:
"Do not use flammable oil to inside of cutters. If not, it may catch fire and blow up explosion."

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I dont have a pic of it but the truck I used to dtive had a pic of a guy all twisted up in the pto driveshaft. I thought it was funny.

I seen real life images of a local person wrapped up in a PTO. Those images stick with you forever
sick.gif

Not really safety related, but in my office, there are a number of printed off "signs" with a quote attributed to Henry Ford. They state, "Doing it right, even when no one is looking". A number of these have been modified to say, "Doing it, right when no one is looking". I guess punctuation matters.
grin.gif

Although the intent is well meaning (prevent mower accidents with children), I always chuckle a bit at John Deere's warning to not mow babies:

LVU11736_LO158.jpg

Having shown this, it makes me cringe when I see people giving kids rides on mowers, tractors, etc.. It only takes one split second of error for a mishap.

At Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton, they used to have a public service advert during intermissions to the effect, "Give learning to read a shot".

I could never figure out the target audience, the people who could read the sign, or the people who couldn't.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Braille signs on the operating room doors.

I hope all the staff can see properly.

Along those same lines...

My high school(understandably) had braille on every door sign and I think the handful of blind students in the school were appreciative of that.

The only issue was the sign for the library. There was no good place near the door to mount it, so they put it overhead. It was probably about 7 feet up in the air and the sign was a foot tall-and had braille at the top of the sign. Something tells me that no one ever actually read the braille on that particular sign
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back