Mobil1 0w/40 Euro "FS" = Film Strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've talked about it. No one knows what FS means. Full Synthetic? Full SAPS? Film Strength? Filling & Scrumptious?

No one knows.

I think it just means Full Synthetic, but I guess that tends to imply that only the 0W40 and 5W50 oils in the M1 line are truly full synthetic?
I think I have read here that only Group IV and V oils can be marketed as full synthetic in Germany, perhaps this is an indication that those oils meet that standard...my supposition and $4.99 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks, though.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I think I have read here that only Group IV and V oils can be marketed as full synthetic in Germany, perhaps this is an indication that those oils meet that standard...

But M1 FS 0w-40 is not classified as full synthetic in Germany. It is classified as "SHC Synthese Technology."

Originally Posted By: exShuttlemech
The reformulated Mobil 1 0w/40 oil has the designator "FS" on the label, by itself, is this to denote the very high film strength of this oil?

Call 1-800-ask-mobil

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I think I have read here that only Group IV and V oils can be marketed as full synthetic in Germany, perhaps this is an indication that those oils meet that standard...

But M1 FS 0w-40 is not classified as full synthetic in Germany. It is classified as "SHC Synthese Technology."

OK, thanks for the correction on that!

Whatever it means, one would think it is not "film strength" since that is not a valid parameter for motor oil. ExxonMobil would not use that as a marketing term.

Feisty and Sexy?
wink.gif

F--- SOPUS??

And there it is. We have a winner.

Mobil 1 0W-40
Mobil 1 0W-40 Arctic
Mobil 1 0W-40 New Life

saw them all on the same shelf in another market. If there is a Mobil 1 Trinity this should have been as close as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back