2007 5.4 3v amsoil signature series 5w20 uoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get some opinions on this used oil analysis in my 2007 5.4 3v f150 as we all now timing components do fail in these engines mine failed me at 73k miles truck currently sits at 141k this uoa is from a few months back kinda drug my feet to get it sent in to blackstone labrotories out of Indiana...

Last edited:
I never heard the timing components fail.
I heard the 4.6 do with guide wear. I see alot of these engines with high miles.
Cam phasers but otherwise a high mileage motor.

The OP here is a friend of mine and he was having trouble posting a picture of his UOA, so I am posting it for him. This was on a 4,000 mile OCI with Amsoil SS 5W-20.

Last edited:
UOA looks pretty benign; as expected.

The lube could have gone a lot further; pretty expensive to use Amsoil for 4k mile OCIs. Perhaps consider a conventional lube; will get the same performance for a lot less investment if the OCIs are going to be 10k miles or less.

How long has the vehicle be on Amsoil, mile wise?

Last edited:
As far as the lube going further that's what I'm looking to do with the uoa use it as a guide to see how long amsoil will actually go and to see if it is worth it and to prove a point as well lol isn't to expensive tho I'm a dealer for amsoil now and the 5w30 signature series I'm running in it now with the amsoil eao11 filter cost me about 75-80 dollars a change

Originally Posted By: BigO65f150
As far as the lube going further that's what I'm looking to do with the uoa use it as a guide to see how long amsoil will actually go and to see if it is worth it and to prove a point as well lol isn't to expensive tho I'm a dealer for amsoil now and the 5w30 signature series I'm running in it now with the amsoil eao11 filter cost me about 75-80 dollars a change

Why so expensive? I'm using SSO 5w20 with an EAK15 oil filter and it costs me $65 Canadian ($52 USD at 1.25% Exchange), is there labour in that?

Last edited:
No labor in that and that’s for 2 gallons my truck holds 7 so I have an extra one left over I just compile into a empty jug until I have a full gallon to use for another change... just saying I’d never let anyone change my oil at a shop

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
UOA looks pretty benign; as expected.

The lube could have gone a lot further; pretty expensive to use Amsoil for 4k mile OCIs. Perhaps consider a conventional lube; will get the same performance for a lot less investment if the OCIs are going to be 10k miles or less.

How long has the vehicle be on Amsoil, mile wise?

Tell it like it is

Your posts r golden. Learned a lot from them. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back