Just had my wheels powder coated, pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 2015 Accord coupe I have a set of 20 inch Konig rotary forged wheels that I just had powder coated Bronze Chrome with matte clear. Personally I love it. It's just enough to be different with out being gaudy and I hate black wheels.

This is a pic the shop sent me before I picked up the wheels.
IMG_0889 by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

This is in the bright morning sun. Notice how the color changes a little bit in the bright light.
IMG_0953 by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

Parking garage at the airport
IMG_1002.JPG (2) by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_1003.JPG (2) by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

Let me know what you think. I do understand that everyone has an opinion and that a lot of people here don't care for larger wheels. That's fine in all but, keep it tame.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Man that looks GREAT!! Those wheels really match your Accord's paint!
thumbsup2.gif
I love the red calipers too!

@ Donald

$600 with warranty. I wanted to do a color change and this route was less then half the cost of a new set of wheels.

I actually have a spare wheel, and the shop does in house tire mount and balance.

Dismount tires
straighten and repair bent, cracked, or curb rashed wheels included if needed
Strip and powder coat
mount and balance tires

4 tires and 5 wheels was brought to the shop for a job that cost me $600

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
those do look good, couple more months then what?

Stock wheels and Michelin tires for the winter months. I'll run these 20's right up to the first threat of ice or snow.

I think the rims really go well with the car. I was wondering about getting my truck rims powder coated and your run down of the costs gives me a good baseline as to what to expect the charge will be. Your calipers look real sharp also!!!

Originally Posted By: xtell
I think the rims really go well with the car. I was wondering about getting my truck rims powder coated and your run down of the costs gives me a good baseline as to what to expect the charge will be. Your calipers look real sharp also!!!

Thank you!
This shop is like a needle in a haystack because they do good work for a fair price and they do all of that in house. Normally I would have to get the tires dismounted, remounted and balanced on my own. Also, the wheels would not be straightened. Just coated as is for about $100 per wheel.

People leave high end cars there all the time to get custom work done. Window tinting, wraps, powder coating wheels and brake calipers, tire installs. Owner has a legit setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back