2005 Taurus 3.0 Vulcan Under Valve Cover Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's '93 Taurus was finally beyond hope (just way too many issues for me to get around to fixing), so sold it for $500. Picked up a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0l Vulcan for my dad and got it for $800 about 6 months ago. Not bad. Seemed decent mechanically, but was pretty disgustingly dirty inside, hence the price. Anyways, got the interior cleaned and all the fluids changed out. Great running car, has 193k miles and transmission was replaced two years ago by dealer. Finally got around to replacing the valve cover and oil pan gaskets since they were all seeping. Here's a pic under the front valve cover (rear looked the same). At 193k miles, I'm thinking it's seen somewhat regular oil changes, but prior oil changes and type is unknown.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Does anyone know what that "CP" stamping means? (or who it's from)

A little hard to read, but I think it's CCP and stands for "Cleveland Casting Products".

Pretty darn clean under there. I'm assuming that's the front bank..

He should enjoy the '05. That gen of Tauruses is really a great one. I used to have an '03 Mercury Sable LS (with the Duratec), and a 2000 Taurus with the Vulcan.. and thoroughly enjoyed both. Great cars. Got any before/after pics of the interior? I'm curious. Also, what oil did you put in?

Picked up a 03 ses last Dec for $1800. Put 3K on her since then and have only done 2 oil changes. Oil pan and valve covers were also Seeping, ive only done the valve covers and mine looked exactly the same at 148k. Dont plan on doing the oil pan or even the seeping p.s pump or even the ac compressor w the bad clutch. The car is a beater car and dont care much 4 it.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

He should enjoy the '05. That gen of Tauruses is really a great one. I used to have an '03 Mercury Sable LS (with the Duratec), and a 2000 Taurus with the Vulcan.. and thoroughly enjoyed both. Great cars. Got any before/after pics of the interior? I'm curious. Also, what oil did you put in?

Thanks. Sorry, don't have any before or after pics of interior. My brave wife took care of most of it. Suffice to say, it was nasty (spilled food/drink, kid gunk, etc..). Now looks very clean. I put Havoline HM 5W20 that I got a really good deal on in it.

Originally Posted By: 28oz

Thanks. Sorry, don't have any before or after pics of interior. My brave wife took care of most of it. Suffice to say, it was nasty (spilled food/drink, kid gunk, etc..). Now looks very clean. I put Havoline HM 5W20 that I got a really good deal on in it.

Was that Havoline their blend or their full Synthetic?

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: 28oz

Was that Havoline their blend or their full Synthetic?

Amazon lists it as a blend, but I don't recall seeing that on the jug. I'd have to look again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back