Has anyone used Helvetica Font?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests? Has anyone used Helvetica font and have heard about and can identify it as well?
smile.gif

Thanks for the help.

I love Helvetica. It's my muse right now. A closely related font, in the same neo-grotesk fashion of Helvetica is Univers. GE used it as their corporate typeface for decades. You'll see it on older GE stuff. Here's what it looks like
full-31017-10465-phont.jpg

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I love Helvetica. It's my muse right now. A closely related font, in the same neo-grotesk fashion of Helvetica is Univers. GE used it as their corporate typeface for decades. You'll see it on older GE stuff. Here's what it looks like
full-31017-10465-phont.jpg

Thanks. So can you identify it based on certain letters? Is there an app which can tell about font size based on dimensions of a already present sample?

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
full-31017-10465-phon.jpg

Thanks. So can you identify it based on certain letters? Is there an app which can tell about font size based on dimensions of a already present sample?

Helvetica stands out like Denise Milani when you have an eye thats trained to recognize it.

I have no idea on the font sizing question. Font size is largely a matter of scaling when you're talking about extrapolating it from existing material. Some mathematical knowledge is needed for the calculations.

Side note: I love the quotation in your signature. Just some positive feedback for you! I think I agonized over precisely which struts I wanted to install in my Avalon for a solid month, for hours at a time.

full-31017-10465-phon.jpg

Helvetica stands out like Denise Milani when you have an eye thats trained to recognize it.

I have no idea on the font sizing question. Font size is largely a matter of scaling when you're talking about extrapolating it from existing material. Some mathematical knowledge is needed for the calculations.

Side note: I love the quotation in your signature. Just some positive feedback for you! I think I agonized over precisely which struts I wanted to install in my Avalon for a solid month, for hours at a time.

Thanks again. Do you think this 'Yamaha' is a Helvetica font? http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-Yamaha-YZF...725.m3641.l6368

Just being creative and trying to experiment something.

LMAO!!
crackmeup2.gif
I'm stealing this one.. hope that's okay, but I love this reference. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's nostalgia time. Gonna hit up Google... for scientific purposes, of course.

Believe it or not, I did look at the link above.

So Helvetica Bold will be it, right?

Give it a shot! Half the fun of fonting is trying out many different types, playing with kerning in Word, and scouring the web for free versions of paid fonts.

Believe it or not, I did look at the link above.

So Helvetica Bold will be it, right?

Give it a shot! Half the fun of fonting is trying out many different types, playing with kerning in Word, and scouring the web for free versions of paid fonts.

Thanks, that's true and very true
thumbsup2.gif

But I can just play with sizes, if I can have a general idea about the font, plus I don't have 'that' eye. Lol

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Deviating from Times New Roman is almost as bad as people at work who put pictures of themselves in their e-mail sigs.

I kid, I kid.

HILARIOUS

Back in the day at Lucent Tech, Bell Labs and AT&T, HELVETICA was the required font for all reports, ISO docs and process instructions. I think I like it better than ARIAL, but I'd have to read it with mine OLD eyes yet again and my word doesn't have it preinstalled.

I recall having to "buy" 3of9 barcode once in the past too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NYSteve
One of my favorites about font:
1fde3_COMIC-SANS.jpg

Now I have the urge to write up the next test/assembly procedure in Comic Sans. I work for a smaller company.

Maybe I will... we'll change it before it hits the production floor.

Last edited:
I remember using Helvetica on Macs back in the 1990s. Haven't used it in a while and I had no idea it was in so many corporate logos, but wasn't looking for it but either. I like it...it has a clean mid-century modern look.

32.gif
My former boss was legitimately confused when he got an email in Courier font... he thought

1) his computer had a virus and
2) that someone was unprofessionally "punking" him, because "it looks like a typewriter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back