Anyone using a AAP Gold car battery??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much curious about anyone a using the Gold batteries from AAP. How well they have held up. Or any problems noted. I got one for a decent deal with a online coupon. Thank you all in advance for sharing any experiences.

I've had one on my car for 2.5 years with no problems
smile.gif

They're good batteries. I've had several and they lasted 5-6 yrs.

Last edited:
I'm going on three years in my van with one. My Diehard died a little after 13 years in service. If the AAP Gold does half that some would say I got my moneys worth.

Have a 3-year-old one in the van. It's survived one discharge, and is doing fine. Good bang for the buck battery. As it's the closest auto parts store to our house, that's where I'll go for any future ones.

Got 6 years out of an AAP gold in our van.
The Mustang has one that is going on 5 years.
I replaced the OEM in the Accord with one, going from a size 51 to a 35 in '14.
In our van, I went with a Maxx from Wally World due to the fact that I bought it at 11PM on a Friday night and it was cheaper than another AAP Gold, even with the best discount code at the time.
They are a good battery and used to be a screaming value with the discounts.
Not so much the screaming value any more.

Have one in my Jeep going on 3 years. Put a second one in my son's Xterra after 4.5 years of never being garaged in cold LI winters and some hot summers with lots of short trips. Put one in my DIL's car last fall. All have been trouble free. Made by Johnson Controls.

Have one in my whole house generator. One year old and no issues to date. I change out the generator battery every 3 years no matter what. I want the generator to auto start when the power goes out the first time every time. Did the job most recently here in FL when Irma came through. Generator supplied A/C, lights, hot food and cold beer for 22 hours.

Last edited:
I have been using AAP Gold batteries for a while now. Over time I have bought these car batteries easily half a dozen times. We've never had any issues with them. In my opinion they are excellent batteries and a very good value when purchased with a serious discount code.

Very good mclasser. That sounds like a decent deal.

Thanks Tdbo sounds quite good overall.

Demarpaint 13 yrs is crazy long lasting. I agree that 6-7 yes and you will have done good.

Silversnake that is very smart. No sense in chancing anything at all. I hope everything was all right down there for you. Sounds like you were more than ready. Great job there. That's how to do it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info fcjeep. Sounds like a strong battery to have.

I got a group 24F for my car. 700 CCA, 130 minutes of reserve time as well. I went with the larger one because it actually fits just fine in my car's battery tray. Nissan used to spec a 24f then changes it to a group 35. I am guessing they did this to cut weight. The group 24F weighs more than 5 lbs than the group 35.

Two thumbs up from me on them. Put one in my 2010 FX4 with no issues and one in my Explorer with no issues either.

Made by Johnson Controls iirc. I have one in my car, have for years. -20 degree temps up to 100+ in summer without issues for several years now.

Had one in my xB, leaked so much acid that the FRONT SUBFRAME BEGAN TO RUST!! It leaked from virtually day one, as did a couple other JC made batteries in other vehicles (one was a dual terminal Duralast Gold that leaked from the top positive terminal, even though it had never had a battery cable on it! Went to East Penn for all my new batteries (Meijer Platinums) & never looked back.

The one in my Mazda Protege5 went just under 3 years and needed replacement. I had it tested at their store during month 35 and it determined to need replacement.

They gave me a new one without drama. Still worked fine two plus years later. Just traded the car two weeks ago with ~226K miles on her.

My wife's Grand Caravan came with one in it. I tested it and it's solid. We've never had a problem with it.

Yeah that was no bueno Bullwinkle. Leaking acid is never a good deal. I do like East Penn a lot as well. I just wish O Reilly's had them for a better sale price more often than they do. Napa has the East Penn made batteries as well. However, the only Napa I would even think of going to is over in Smithfield. About 1 hr plus away. Across a boat ride as well. I like the boat ride but it takes 20 minutes at least. The Napa store over in Smithfield is very nice and has great product selection. Batteries Plus Bulbs is right near me. But with online 25% off AAP coupon it is hard to beat. $106 plus sales tax is not too shabby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back