BBQ thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon - I like to grill all year and my BBQ thermometer is dying. I try to be careful when grilling chicken and want the core of each piece to be 165 degrees or higher. Can anyone suggest a quick reading, probe type thermometer for grilling?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

No suggestions haven't used one in years chicken juice runs clear it's done only advice I can give ya.

I have a Weber thermometer from Home Depot . $9.99 with good reviews. Basic, but works great.

Used the $10 weber for years. It takes a several seconds (like 5-10) to get to the final temprature which is along time over a hot grill. I switched to the thermoworks thermopen and it reads in 2-3 seconds. The simple matter is the needle is much smaller so less thermal mass to overcome. Otherwise it is the same as the weber. Big price jump at $80 ve $10 but an noticable difference every time you use it is worth it to me.

Thermoworks Thermapen or ThermoPop... you can't go wrong with either one. Thermapen is a bit quicker. ThermoPop is much cheaper.

Funny story... This morning I was catching up on a couple episodes of Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke I had recorded. Maverick is a show sponsor and Raichlen uses one of their instant read thermometers when on-screen. In between segments, they often show some behind-the-scenes takes. The show's behind-the-scenes chefs don't use Maverick: Two of them had ThermoPops tucked into their aprons.

maverick for long cooks and oven/remote monitoring, thermoworks for instaread.

suggest you pick up a few thermopops either for gifts,spares and to amortize shipping.

think of it this way. 1 piece of ruined (overcooked) meat pays for the thermometer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back