VIRGIN FRAM TG 3682 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was at the Salvation Army store yesterday donating some things the gf and I don't need anymore. Spotted this filter for 50cents and since I don't know what it will fit and since it has a nice dent I figured I would cut it open

Enjoy the pictures and Happy sunday BITOG faithful
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ejes
The TG is my go-to filter. Thanks for posting.

You're very welcome sir
smile.gif

Pretty old filter, made late 2011. No bypass valve, so if you want to see what it fits you can put the filter number in Fram's website and it will list all vehicle applications. Thanks for the C&P.

I don't think I have ever seen a bad Fram TG on here even some that were used past there recommend mileage. The media gets wavy but that's about it.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Pretty old filter, made late 2011. No bypass valve, so if you want to see what it fits you can put the filter number in Fram's website and it will list all vehicle applications. Thanks for the C&P.

Thank you sir, I'll do this
smile.gif

Thank you Adam!
Honestly I don't see the TG as a great buy or a great filter. Yes I'm using a few now on OPE just to unload them. Yes they work but I can't get excited over them. Of course this is not directed to you as you know the filters well.
In my case I'll pay up for the Ultra
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Thank you Adam!
Honestly I don't see the TG as a great buy or a great filter. Yes I'm using a few now on OPE just to unload them. Yes they work but I can't get excited over them. Of course this is not directed to you as you know the filters well.
In my case I'll pay up for the Ultra
smile.gif

The "old" TG was a good deal. About $5 for a really good filter, with the Ultra being $3-5 more. Now withe the "New" TG being about $1.50 more, not nears a good a deal.
Just as an example, Walmart has a TG3600 for $6.64, the XG3600 is $7.94. No brainer there that the XG is the better deal (if used to it's potential).

That said, I have several of the old TG from the WM clearance, a few for $3, a few more for $1.50. Never saw the $0.50 price at either of the WM I went to.

Thanks for the C&P though. Big dent in the top of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back