Baldwin fuel filter for Duramax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any data on the new Baldwin numbers for the Duramax fuel filters ? I have one more of the BF7--- filters left from an old stash and I noticed that Baldwin has upgraded the filter since then. The first change was to the BF9882 and now it shows a BF46062. Does anyone have any data on the improvements ? I used to have access to specs on Baldwins but since I retired I am out of the loop.

Thanks

I sent an e-mail to Baldwin asking what made the BF46062 better than the BF9882, this is what I received

"The BF46062 has better water removal capabilities"

The BF9882 is the original filter and is the Baldwin equivalent to the Racor. The BF46062 is the new design that is the equivalent to the new filter AC Delco is using in place of the Racor. The BF46062 has better water separation capabilities than the BF9882 just like the new AC Delco filter versus the old AC Delco filter.

I used the BF9882 until I switched to a lift pump and converted to a Nicktane fuel filter adapter. I use Baldwin fuel and water separator filters for my lift pump and a Cat fuel filter for my fuel filter adapter setup.

In my humble opinion Baldwin makes good products so don't pay more for a Racor.

I believe Dnewton had the specs somewhere on this forum and from what I remember water separating capability was the same as Racor/ACDELCO but the micron rating was higher on the Baldwin.I can share my own experience with the Baldwin’s and the Delcos.Starting with the Baldwin the first thing I will say is that it is made in China,not a biggie for such a well known filter maker,but I do believe the quality is not there.The center rubber ring that hooks up to the filter mount is a really tight fit even with oil on it and when you go to remove the filter the rubber piece stays stuck to the filter mount .And the second problem I found with it was that it plugs up much faster than the Delcos.Dont know if the capacity is not there but I even had one leave me on the side of the road a week after installing it,never with the Delco.

As far as the ACDELCO I did not find any flaws with the 3012’or 3018 when they made the switch.I know that when the 3018’s came out everyone on the Duramax forums were skeptical and advised against them because there was no tech info on them,but I used each one up to 30k miles with no problem.Also they are made in America.

Racor is a division of Parker which is owned by the Parker-Hannifin Corporation. Baldwin and Hastings are divisions of Clarcor. As of February 28, 2017 the Parker-Hannifin Corporation owns Clarcor, therefore they own both Racor and Baldwin.

The consolidation of companies continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back